OMG I almost fell off my perch!

I just noticed something weird on our second account.

Our funds (as you know) have been on hold for 21 days.  I went to check on an echeque that we've been waiting on as we want to post as soon as we can, only to find that we have a notice underneath it saying "funds are available"

No - the echeque hasn't cleared.

Opened paypal to find there are NO holds on ANY of our funds (some sales were only today)........
Well... I almost weed a little.Smiley Embarassed

Quick! Go check your pending funds please and tell me it's more than just us.

Message 1 of 79
Latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: OMG I almost fell off my perch!

Hi Clarry, he lodged the complaint on the 1st and the email that I posted here came through when he was getting ready to leave work at 6am. He also got 3 emails from PayPal at around 4am saying the funds had been released.

He's the type of bloke who will do absolutely anything for anyone, but won't take carp from anyone either, so it seems his persistance paid off. I never did get a copy of the volatile email he fired off to PayPal yesterday. Not sure if that helped his cause or not.

Hopefully you will get the same email in the next few days.

There should have been some provisions in place for establised sellers who use the same PayPal account for new selling accounts. Maybe with all these complaints from establised sellers, they might put something in place and reserve these holds for genuinely new sellers, not old sellers with new accounts.

It was put in place to try and stop the scammers, but the scammers I've been looking at the last few days have all got mates to give feedback to get them over the threshold, so it hasn't worked in that respect.

Message 61 of 79
Latest reply

This PP business.

PP has no right to withold all funds - perhaps under an agreement they can withold a 'particular amount' for a sale - bla bla - but certainly not the whole.

It stands to reason the funds that have nothing to do with a sale are personal & not part of PP's dominion.

I do not understand how they are getting away with 'freezing' accounts with funds that have no bearing on them.

Fair Trading would be very impressed.

Message 62 of 79
Latest reply

Sheep...
This morning we received the same email from PayPal after lodging the FOS case against them. All our funds have had the hold released. Only difference is that our message does not have the bit as in yours about permanent removal of these stupid holds. So if it happens again I will just open another case.
So this seems to be the way to go. Wonder how manyof tthese cases it will take before they dump this inane policy.
Message 63 of 79
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Moral of the above story? LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH FOS IF YOU ARE AN ESTABLISHED SELLER!!! I don't think the new sellers will be able to achieve this, but if you are an established seller with a new account, fight it! Can't hurt for the new sellers to fight it too. At least lodge a complaint. Even if they don't rule in their favour, each complaint cops a fine.

Perhaps everyone with a PP account should lodge a complaint.

I mean just lodge a complaint.

Jump the gun - all lodge a complaint just in case.

They already take their fee.

Robot tongue TO PP

Message 64 of 79
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading your paypal letter they are trying to state that because you have agreed to that contract you have to abide to their terms however their terms are causing you financial detriment,  emotional distress, cost and loss of business as you are unable to function as a business Conclusion any contract that is going to cause the above could be squashed, so I imagine this new policy will soon be abolished by paypal if more people go to the ombudsman.  Imagine if banks held onto your funds incase you accidently were overdrawn because you signed a contract many years ago,  there has been a class action for bank fees that was successful due to banks profiting from that I imagine there will eventually be a class action against this as well.  Just takes one person to start a facebook page. 

Message 65 of 79
Latest reply

Have been saying this for months.

PP & their 180 day Dispute Policy

PP witholding money - money they have no right to hold.

eBay's 30 day Money Back Guarantee - when a seller has terms & conditions of a sale - are they ignoring TGGs, DS, or any of the big guys that have T&Cs clearly stated as do we.

eBay say they are not responsible for any listing so cannot have it both ways.

Etc. Etc.

Would only take one - if I knew how to do it - I darn well would.

Message 66 of 79
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

contract law - they are trying to scare the majority with a contract that can be disputed. By changing a contract midway that is going to cause your financial detriment, result in loss and cause emotional distress can be disputed. If telcos changed your plan midway through and that caused your financial detriment imagine the fallout. Same here. Just takes a  face book page and a pro bono lawyer. I think it was Wespac who got slammed and had to payback to customers who could not access their accounts due to a software failure, you cant access your money, you need that money to pay bills etc etc. Paypal is not paying you any interest from the money that is yours that they are witholding either.

Message 67 of 79
Latest reply

I'm happy to start a Facebook page. Any suggestions on a name for it?

Message 68 of 79
Latest reply

I could give you a few but they would almost certainly be thrown of Facebook.

What about something simple like Paypal Users Page.  It might spark a bit of interest from non ebay users as well as those who go looking for it after reading the boards.

I am a bit interested to know if this hold on funds extends to Private paypal accounts.  I have not sent or received any funds since this new system started.  I guess I will know in the next week or so as OH's family usually sends his Xmas pressie about a week before the big day.

Message 69 of 79
Latest reply

I don't think you will be troubled by it Lyndal as you are not a seller, so no reason to hold your funds, but then again, who the hell knows?

What about something simple like Paypal (The)Users Page. Maybe Smiley Tongue

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 70 of 79
Latest reply