Option of Sorting Listings by Page Views

The option to sort my listings by the number of Page Views (either highest or lowest) is no longer available in the Sort dropdown box, as of some time today.

Does anyone know whether this is a glitch, or whether it's permanent?

For all its crudity and shortcomings (eg, counting your own visits as a Page View), it is really the only practical way of checking whether people are actually looking at your listings, and of getting a feel for what is attracting interest - apart from Sales, of course Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sometimes an eBay glitch does cause that option to disappear in the main drop down menu. There is a way to still view it though.

On the left side of the page is the sub heading SELL.

Beneath that you will find the foillowing:

All Selling (0)

Sell an item (0)

Saved drafts (0)

Scheduled (0)

Active (0) 

Sold (0) 

Unsold (0)

Manage postage labels

Reurns (0)

Deleted

Click onto Active and you will find that all your types of views return whilst vewing in active mode.  

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I've never used it.

It is still clickable but, you're right, it doesn't change the sort order.

For what it's worth, imo the more clicks without a sale the more likely there is an issue. I wouldn't consider it interest if clicks don't translate to sales.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I don't think the page view counter is accurate anyway. I sold 3 items to one buyer today. All BIN's. 0 page views, 0 watchers. How could he have bought without clicking on the item, creating at least one page view?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Seeing that my other columns are still sortable, and the fact that the Find and Contact Members function also has not worked for at least a couple of days now (keeps saying the code it asks you to type in is invalid), I'd say there's a programmer at ebay who should be called to the principal's office.

If you can think of a plausible reason why these functionalities are a must for you, you may be able to squeeze out a compensation from ebay.  Cat Happy

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Sometimes an eBay glitch does cause that option to disappear in the main drop down menu. There is a way to still view it though.

On the left side of the page is the sub heading SELL.

Beneath that you will find the foillowing:

All Selling (0)

Sell an item (0)

Saved drafts (0)

Scheduled (0)

Active (0) 

Sold (0) 

Unsold (0)

Manage postage labels

Reurns (0)

Deleted

Click onto Active and you will find that all your types of views return whilst vewing in active mode.  

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

MaSmiley Very Happygic!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

You're welcome. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply