Other E Site

I can’t help but wonder just where the current serious discontent of sellers will end. I have a feeling it’s much more serious than we understand and that is despite E posting massive profits last quarter.

They seem to be so pig-headedly intent on ignoring basic seller needs, indeed ignoring sellers period, in among some monumental platform stuff-ups. The contempt displayed towards sellers is palpable and only contributing to make a serious situation worse. It has been suggested that sellers are moving on in droves. I think this is pretty accurate.

It seems that one fellow is determined to do there what he did here, although there will be differing opinion on that.

Its pretty bad.

Melina.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Other E Site

I thought so lol,but I thought that sid was a much bigger site than betsy as they brag that sid is bigger than ebay lol.

I joined up to sid when I got booted off ebay and in the past 3 years have only sold 7 items on sid thus is why I mentioned that there is no traffic coming through but if there was it would be big.

There is only a joining fee,there are no selling fees unless you choose the options that require a fee.

There are some ebay sellers that are on the sid site but we are all doing way better on ebay lol.

It's a very big site but it has been more of a sellers site by that I mean there are no buyers,but it would become great if the views actually turned into sales lol.

I have more views on the sid site than I have sales on ebay lol,I think it's just sellers having a look though.

I don't rely on sid but I'll get a big shock if I do sell something haha.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@clubequire.  E's response has been that recent changes to their Finance System is as it was intended which has infuriated many sellers.  The UK/EU members are looking at the legalities of overcharging of transaction fees which also impacts the VAT charge plus changing of historical financial records so that they no longer balance with original documents and the problems arising from that.  This is in contravention of their (E's ) TOU. In addition all of this only affects Non US sellers. The issue is not likely to go away anytime soon.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

As much as there’s no great love for either E, we’re fairly bankrupt for choice I think. Sellers have been treated very poorly by both in recent years, not that such isn’t deserved in certain cases, but the majority as always happens, has been punished because of a minority. That very minority though, seems to be running rampant and unchecked here at the moment. The inequities are robust and very apparent.

Many sellers are like us. They really don’t know what to do, or who to jump into bed with, if any in some cases, because many have just had enough and are starting their own websites. Good luck to them. I wish them every success.

Were still quite inventory rich, with many diversified lines we haven’t trotted out yet, because we’re just not sure of what to do. The other E is good for our vintage ‘stuff’, slow but good, because we do much better margin wise. We’re also 9/10ths of the way there in setting up their sponsored P website. Many will Pooh-hooh this, but it does have some advantages if you can get it hopping along a bit. Some don’t see them, and further don’t realise you can run a P site without listing anything on the other E, but still take full advantage of all the integrations. eBay is great for traffic, and there’s no SEO, or social marketing involved, but the traffic is not necessarily all good traffic. Now, especially if things happen the way they should in December for us, we’re struggling big time about concentrating on opening a store here, or persevering with the other E. I know it makes sense not to have all eggs in one basket, but it suits us better in the foreseeable future to lock down and consolidate. Tough decisions to make, otherwise much valuable time and effort is wasted. This hurts just as much as lost dollars when you are considerably time poor.

But, I’d suggest we’re not alone. Many would be crunching the same numbers and considering the lesser of two evils at the moment. There are others out there of course, but none that really take my fancy after some of the editorial and in depth user reviews I’ve read.

Most public owned ecommerce sites that I’m aware of are yet to strike that magical balance of satisfaction, to the extent it can be struck, between shareholders, the company, it’s buyers and its sellers. It seems such a simple equation to me, but then there would be much I don’t know and difficulties I can’t see I guess. But, I still harbour some doubts.

For now I think we all ‘hurry up’ and ‘wait.’ Wait at least awhile before we make the hard decisions. Although, many and then many more, already have. I hope it’s the right one for them.

Melina.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

PS...@Beautbots

Yes, I’m reading up on this now. It appears a big can of worms and one that some shareholders will be regretting was ever opened. A certain smarmy, two faced, CEO too perhaps.

What a total cluster!!

But, as someone in this thread has mentioned, these same ‘adventures’ are to be undertaken here soon. I hope they’re watching the other E’s bungled efforts and any ensuing class actions (very possible) very closely.

Melina.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

ok thanks......pppssssstttt what is sid? don't worry i won't tell anyone...Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I thought so lol,but I thought that sid was a much bigger site than betsy as they brag that sid is bigger than ebay lol.

I joined up to sid when I got booted off ebay and in the past 3 years have only sold 7 items on sid thus is why I mentioned that there is no traffic coming through but if there was it would be big.

There is only a joining fee,there are no selling fees unless you choose the options that require a fee.

There are some ebay sellers that are on the sid site but we are all doing way better on ebay lol.

It's a very big site but it has been more of a sellers site by that I mean there are no buyers,but it would become great if the views actually turned into sales lol.

I have more views on the sid site than I have sales on ebay lol,I think it's just sellers having a look though.

I don't rely on sid but I'll get a big shock if I do sell something haha.

It's a UK site and extremely eurocentric.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Yes it is a UK site but it has an AU site and it was the only place I could go 3 years ago haha,but I'm glad that I'm back here.

I've earned my joining fee back and that's about it lol.

Like I said there are so many views with next to no sales so you can imagine how crazy I've ended up haha.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I researched it a year or so ago. I would have had the bulk of the Australian book listings.

If my sales here drop, I will look at it again. I would definitely opt for the FVF model, as otherwise you get very unattractive bare-bones listings.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply