PAL region item: Buyer ignoring description

j-re-sale
Community Member

AUS to USA transaction:

Have recently sold an item (Playstation2 game) that is region-locked to PAL and this was very clearly detailed in the title and description for the item.

The buyer is now claiming faulty product, as it does not function on their assumed alternate-region console.

I personally tested the product (disc/gameplay) prior to shipping the item, knowing it was in working condition.

I have sold multiple items of similar status without any issues or negative feedback prior to this.

With funds on hold and no immediate support from eBay as a seller, how would one handle this dilemma?

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: PAL region item: Buyer ignoring description

Not surprising you skipped the first part regarding what region code your game is listed as when you maybe should be covering all your bases so buyers aren't misled when they don't know the difference.

But I will say I am unsure on PS4 games so that may not be relevant regarding NTSC and PAL.

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

Not surprising the game you have listed does not mention what region it is suitable for. Maybe use some of the advice given for your own benefit. Price seams high considering normal selling price is half of what your asking.

Could that possibly be because it is only listed for Australia.

The only bit for me was the ' has being tested '.

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

Not surprising you skipped the first part regarding what region code your game is listed as when you maybe should be covering all your bases so buyers aren't misled when they don't know the difference.

But I will say I am unsure on PS4 games so that may not be relevant regarding NTSC and PAL.

I guess you failed to read my response,  I did answer the first bit in regards to region   to quote ''Ah there you go, not understanding the way the system works,  I'll let you educate yourself,''

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

What if you have a NTSC PS4 and live in Australia. Listing lacks more detail than the OP's.

I don't like pointing out spelling and grammer issues as I do them myself all the time.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

I don't sell video games so why not be helpful instead of telling someone to educate themselves. 

What if I purchased the game from you and sent it as a gift to someone overseas. Would I have any issues as there is none mentioned in your listing that I may encounter.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Do PS4 games have regional locks? In general, neither digital nor disc-based games will be region locked, but PlayStation recommends that all users purchase games at the region of their residence to guarantee the best overall experience and customer service.

Actually grammar in a listing helps to sell.

LOL - The proper spelling is g-r-a-m-m-a-r with an -ar ending. The term grammer with an –er ending is not in the dictionary—it's a misspelling of grammar.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

Regarding pricing I vaguely remember you saying sometime ago you check your competitors prices regularly so you are the lowest or something. You did not use best offer especially if it was higher than the going sold price and just use a low buy it now price instead. I think was so the buyer would not have to wait for a seller to accept the offer and waste the buyers time. 

I should have looked for the post but I think I got it mostly correct. Just can't understand how you have now back flipped and gone the other way and expect me to try and work out the reason you would double the price and add best offer. 

My theory is you bought the game at a garage sale or op shop. Paid $5-$10 and now think you have the deal of the year and want the most money you can get for it. Personally I would sell at $75 then buy another item and repeat and after a month of doing this I have turned that $5-$10 into a nice profit. 

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

Just can't understand how you have now back flipped and gone the other way and expect me to try and work out the reason you would double the price and add best offer. 

Um, just how is that any of your business anyway ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

Regarding pricing I vaguely remember you saying sometime ago you check your competitors prices regularly so you are the lowest or something. You did not use best offer especially if it was higher than the going sold price and just use a low buy it now price instead. I think was so the buyer would not have to wait for a seller to accept the offer and waste the buyers time. 

I should have looked for the post but I think I got it mostly correct. Just can't understand how you have now back flipped and gone the other way and expect me to try and work out the reason you would double the price and add best offer. 

My theory is you bought the game at a garage sale or op shop. Paid $5-$10 and now think you have the deal of the year and want the most money you can get for it. Personally I would sell at $75 then buy another item and repeat and after a month of doing this I have turned that $5-$10 into a nice profit. 

Ah re best offer and pricing not really what I said, but feel welcome to make the story suit your story,   but, you have to remember ,I have different strategies for pricing and approach, depending on product line,  than I have this play account for my pretend sales.  

As for price you may want to do some more market research,  I'll stay with my pricing strategy here, as I said my price my decision.  More than happy for you to use your strategy,  even happier for me to use mine.

And I agree with your comment re grammar and spelling,  I wont comment further 

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

I have to admit I stole the description from an internet site as I don't know a lot about PAL although I do remember my brother talking about different systems or regions as he played these types of games.

To me, the important thing to have in the description is something that alerts a buyer to the fact there could be compatibility issues. They may not understand PAL or NTSC and a comment like that might leave them uncertain or turn them off buying, but someone who is more tech savvy will come along.

J re-sale may not agree as I think he has had the neg comment removed. I am pretty sure I read it yesterday but it is gone today.

All the same, in his shoes I would tweak my ads just that little bit. 

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply