PO Issuing new barcodes for internatlonal items when lodged

Has anyone else had issues with the new international forms being issued new barcodes when you lodge them at the PO?.

Basically what happens is I prepare the new forms and attach the barcode and labels for either "Standard" or "Express" but when I lodge them the staff printout an entirely different barcode and stick it over the top of the ones I put on the form. This has happened at 2 different post offices now.

A real issue has arisen for me in that 2 items I lodged in May going to the UK with "Standard" service (tracking) where changed to the "Economy" (no tracking) when they issued the new barcodes and I didn't notice until too late - of course I now have a dispute open from a UK buyer....

So, does everyone have this issue with the barcodes being over-written or is there an issue with training of PO staff in my area?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: PO Issuing new barcodes for internatlonal items when lodged

there is definitely a problem with the training in your area.

My PO did struggle with it for a few days, but now they have it down pat.

There have been previous posts about this where the PO advised that they sent out laminated help sheets to their post offices telling them what to do.

I have lodged click and send parcels successfuly - they do not issue a new number.

One PO staff  says all they have to is SCAN THE PARCEL FOR LODGING

the input says HAS THE ITEM BEEN PAID FOR?

Answer NO

Then you pay.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I assume you are using click and send?

from the powersellers board:

Using Click and Send - new CN23 - help please[ Edited ]
in reply to siddieswans

So my AP Manager practically vaulted the counter today to tell me that her Area Manager had been in touch and had acknowledged that incorrect information had been given by at least some of the online help for counter staff. She has been given clear instructions and says that it sounds a breeze and has instructed the rest of the staff

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

I assume you are using click and send?

No, not using Click and Send - this is just using the standard international lodgment form and the rolls of lables we were issued when they were introduced.

My Auspost account manager didn't even know the new services were  called "Standard" and "Economy" when I raised it with him today so lack of training is probably a good call.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply