Paid Express Postage - didn't deliver

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I sold an item and paid express postage (postage free to buyer for the item).

The item was posted Monday, and is only arriving at the customer address today, Thursday, even though the address is within the Express Post network.

I have a lodgement receipt from the post office, but printed an Express Postage label from Ebay, before I lodged with the Post Office in person.

Is there a procedure to get compensation for this error through the Ebay Account, since the extra $6.50 I paid for express was paid for nothing.

The post office lodgement obviously shows $0.00 paid therefore the Post Office wouldn't refund me anything, would they?

Thank you for any heads-up, in advance!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to amend my above post, postage charged was $13.80 (for standard postage) but I paid $18.45 Express.

I just contacted eBay CHAT and went through the process with them and after they investigated Ebay refunded me $4.65 to my account. Cool bananas.Woman Very Happy

I think they could see where I was charged for express  on my Account, probably looked at the item transaction's tracking after taking the item number details and saw that it hadn't been delivered yet after 4 days.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to amend my above post, postage charged was $13.80 (for standard postage) but I paid $18.45 Express.

I just contacted eBay CHAT and went through the process with them and after they investigated Ebay refunded me $4.65 to my account. Cool bananas.Woman Very Happy

I think they could see where I was charged for express  on my Account, probably looked at the item transaction's tracking after taking the item number details and saw that it hadn't been delivered yet after 4 days.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If, as you say, both the lodging AND receiving postcodes are within the Australia Post defined express network then Australia Post guarantee next business day delivery.

If this did not happen then Australia Post will refund your express postage charge to you. 

I have eactly this situation with them at present for a 500-gram express satchel that should have been delivered next business day but was not.

In order to lodge a claim you need to log into your Aust Post My Support page and open up a case with them. They will verify the details and either agree to refund or explain why it was not delivered in time.

In my case they have agreed to send out a replacement satchel but you can choose to receive a money order which you can redeem at any Aust Post outlet.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I have found sometimes it is helpful to write I would like a refund for not being delivered on time as they don't seam to always offer it straight away.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply