Parcels too large for Australia post (nsw to nsw address)

Hello,

I have to mail two parcels from NSW 2011 to an address in NSW 2170.

They both weigh roughly 5kgs and I need tracking and insurance. Could anyone recommend a good courier service?

I did some research and smartsend.com.au seems to be a good option. I've never dealth with them before tho.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Parcels too large for Australia post (nsw to nsw address)

I will also need tracking/insurance.   Thanks for your help. 

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Not smartsend, e-go.com.au is the place to go. They have online tracking and signed for delivery. NO courier company will offer insurance and even if they do, the list of "exemptions" includes every possible thing you would ever send so forget that. Spend the additional money that the insurance would have cost you on packing materials and pack really REALLY well. A seller who packs well is much better than any insurance.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for your advice. Saw acouple of complaints re smart send. 

I also asked for quote from pack & send but they were ridiculous ... Around $60

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Just to cloud things further, my experience has been the exact opposite of a_beautiful_room. Smartsend has been infinitely more reliable (and usually cheaper) than e-go. I've had a number of parcels vanish into thin air with e-go but no such troubles with SS. There will be loads of complaints against any courier company, but given a choice between the 2 I'd go SS every time.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

You could also look at the Officeworks express service, 

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/landing/parcel-delivery-service

I've found them reliable from Melbourne to Perth, have a look (I'm not sure they deliver to PO boxes . . .)  but their rates are pretty good, from memory they use TOLL express couriers?

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Toll Express are expensive...any of the Toll services are expensive.

No courier company can/will deliver to a PO Box except Australia Post's own couriers and Australian Air Express/Startrack....but it does cost extra now.

Have a look at the Temando website...they  are courier brokers and will usually come up with several choices which are cheaper than dealing direct with the individual companies.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

DO NOT USE SMARTSEND!

This is my first ever online complaint. I am that unhappy I signed up just to warn people from using this company.

To cut a long story short, I cancelled an order that smartsend picked up anyway and continued to charge me despite my cancelation. I couldnt do anything about it. They refused to admit they had made an error in not communicating the cancelation to their drivers. I really could not believe the lack of understanding or sentiment from this company.

SAVE YOURSELF SOME MISERY, DO NOT USE SMARTSEND!!!

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

DO NOT USE SMARTSEND!

This is my first ever online complaint. I am that unhappy I signed up just to warn people from using this company.

To cut a long story short, I cancelled an order that smartsend picked up anyway and continued to charge me despite my cancelation. I couldnt do anything about it. They refused to admit they had made an error in not communicating the cancelation to their drivers. I really could not believe the lack of understanding or sentiment from this company.

SAVE YOURSELF SOME MISERY, DO NOT USE SMARTSEND!!!

sure, post your message on a 'currently active' thread, but don't post the same message on multiple threads.  If you feel so strongly then start your own thread to warn others.  I'm sorry if I am coming across a bit strong, but by your own admission you are new to posting online.  It is not considered good board conduct to post the same message on multiple threads, especially if you drag up old threads to do so (as you have done on another thread).

umm, i thought 20kg+ was too large for aust post to handle, not 5kg?

Signatures suck.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply