PayPal Funds Transfer Rort

I notice that PayPal is now offering a "speedy" funds transfer at a meer 1% of the total amount.

Has anyone established wether or not this has lengthened the standard (no-fee) transfer time for established sellers?

I've just put a transfer through this morning and it would usually be in my account after 6pm tonight.

If it isn't there I'll be not a little bit miffed.

So far I've played ball with PayPal and always left my eBay invoice balance riding on their books so they can earn a bit of short term money market profit for their trouble.

That will come to a screeching halt if they now want to charge me a tax to access my own funds.

I'll be leaving a $0 daily balance for PayPal to play with; I'm pretty sure they would have been earning much better than that under the old system.

For goodness sake, I know the global economy is in a bit of a rut but are greedy little grabs like this the way out?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: PayPal Funds Transfer Rort

So if you go to do a refund from paypal it does not show the fee reversal amount. 

Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

Because if I don't offer change of mind returns, the buyer will go with "item not as described". Been there done that.

No difference for eBay except the impact on my seller rating. I am out of pocket either way, just a better seller rating and not having to pay the return shipping cost. Instant approval for the buyers who choose change of mind returns and I get some who only want to exchange for another size which eBay need to catch up on that and factor that into their "returns system". Otherwise it is refund and ask the buyer to purchase the correct size again. With the new PayPal fee impact, that doesn't make good sense for me.

Although recently customer support did say that it clearly was an exchange even though a request for a return so if I sent the buyer a tracking number through messages when the replacement is posted then I am covered. Although another postage cost on my part.

All just about sorting it out really. I only want happy buyers so try my best.

Just eBay needing to figure it all out... it is still not right with the whole returns system.

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

Screenshot 2019-11-27 20.59.49.png

This was my most recent remorse return.

And no I was not refunded or made aware of it during the click through return process on eBay.

I guess we are meant to just know this stuff.

Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

Is your ebay account business and how old is your paypal account. I have seen one the same with no fee reversal and one still showing  a fee reversal.

Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

This account I am talking about 2006 both eBay and PayPal but maybe it's the new fees thing kicking in.
It is only new. But honestly I can understand it for domestic. Just not international.
Although again with exchange rates fluctuating.... maybe I can understand PayPal point of view as it is all work so why totally refund but hmmmmm.
Why do sellers have to totally refund also on shipping??
The system is still figuring itself out.
Welcome to the eBay Matrix hahaha

Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

I would be interested if anyone else still gets the paypal fee returned.

Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

The regular board members will chime in tomorrow for sure.

A great wealth of knowledge here compared to what I can offer.

Sit tight and see what they say.

They know everything that is going on... links and all.

Best place to come for advice IMO!

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

Both payments cleared overnight, the last one I did was at 2.30pm.

Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

I just transferred some money and will see how long it takes.

I did a dummy refund and there was nothing showing for fees refunded. Where it used to be there's a link to paypal's refund policy.
Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

I have not processed a refund since the 24th Oct which refunded the fee but if i go to do one it still shows "fees refunded by paypal" and the amount, plus the refund policy link..

Message 30 of 40
Latest reply