Payment on hold experienced 12 year seller

Hi I sold a ring yesterday. When I went to page to update tracking info after posting the item the message from eBay said “funds will be paid once tracking info is updated”. I went online today and see they have put a hold on my payment until delivery confirmed by buyer. I have been selling for 12 years on eBay have over 800 positive feedback. I have not sold an item for a while that’s the only thing I can think of that has caused eBay to do this to me.  I spoke to a customer service guy who was very sympathetic to my situation but said he did not have authority to reverse the hold. He did understand my situation and that he would send an email to selling and buying team to look at. Has anyone else been in this situation? Is there a way to email  eBay direct? I feel like I am being treated like a second class citizen. I have posted a valuable piece of jewellery to my buyer and eBay won’t pay me? Please help

christine 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@cmore6969,

The length of time for which you’ve been an eBay member is sadly not relevant in respect of whether or not you’re seen by eBay as a new seller.

Your good record and positive feedback are likewise not considered relevant.

Whatever the CS rep told you, you won’t have the hold lifted. Every other eBay member - if they haven’t sold for a while - will be subjected to the same hold. In fact, let’s say you start selling regularly for a while, and then cut down to perhaps one item every two months (as an estimate)… Jn that case, the hold would have been lifted during your regular selling, but it would be resumed once your selling was no longer regular or frequent.

eBayers who have been members for far longer than 11 or 12 years would also be in the same situation. No amount of pointing to positive feedback or stating one had a stellar reputation would be a reason for an exception to be made.

In fact… if you were selling low value items and then suddenly sold a a high value item, that too can trigger holds.

These holds are part of eBay’s risk mitigation measures and are in response to Australian law about anti-money-laundering and fraud prevention.

You will need to be patient until those funds are released… and to sell regularly if you want your funds to be disbursed without being subjected to a hold.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Read the answers to your previous bump.

Also read up on Managed Payments and funds holding for new/intermittent sellers.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

You are considered a new seller.   Wait like all other new sellers.

In particular a 950 dollar ring.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

You clearly didn’t read my email properly I am not a new seller. I have been selling with eBay since 2012. And don’t tell me to wait like other needs Sellers. What other companies in world hold a sellers money indefinitely for long periods? When you buy something you pay for it. The money belongs to me not eBay. If you can’t be supportive in your advice don’t bother responding to me. 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Yes I am aware of that but as I explained to customer service agent, I have been an eBay member since 2012. Started selling in 2012 and have a very good record and positive feedback. The agent was sympathetic and if he had the authority believe he would have taken the hold off. It’s just very wrong that a company can do this to sellers with sound record. Thank you for your response though.

kind regards

christine 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@cmore6969,

The length of time for which you’ve been an eBay member is sadly not relevant in respect of whether or not you’re seen by eBay as a new seller.

Your good record and positive feedback are likewise not considered relevant.

Whatever the CS rep told you, you won’t have the hold lifted. Every other eBay member - if they haven’t sold for a while - will be subjected to the same hold. In fact, let’s say you start selling regularly for a while, and then cut down to perhaps one item every two months (as an estimate)… Jn that case, the hold would have been lifted during your regular selling, but it would be resumed once your selling was no longer regular or frequent.

eBayers who have been members for far longer than 11 or 12 years would also be in the same situation. No amount of pointing to positive feedback or stating one had a stellar reputation would be a reason for an exception to be made.

In fact… if you were selling low value items and then suddenly sold a a high value item, that too can trigger holds.

These holds are part of eBay’s risk mitigation measures and are in response to Australian law about anti-money-laundering and fraud prevention.

You will need to be patient until those funds are released… and to sell regularly if you want your funds to be disbursed without being subjected to a hold.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for your prompt polite response 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Other members here do not see emails from you

Yes, you ARE a new seller in the eyes of ebay

While you seem to think holds should not apply to you, they 100% do

All of this you agreed to when you listed, ticking the box you had read and understood etc etc. 

You asked other members and were given accurate responses, and do not get to tell other members not to reply because you do not like those responses

The agent told you what their script told them to tell you, and were not going to give you special treatment even if it were in their power to do so

They have not sent an email to the buying team

I had been a seller since 2005 and with way higher feedback as a seller as yourself

The holds would apply to me

But I wouldn’t be expecting they would’nt

Hopefully you at least signed up for and we’re verified for Managed Payments before you listed

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I have every right to respond to someone if they are rude and condescending towards me. And I don’t need a lecture and rude response from likes of you.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@cmore6969 wrote:

You clearly didn’t read my email properly I am not a new seller. I have been selling with eBay since 2012. And don’t tell me to wait like other needs Sellers. What other companies in world hold a sellers money indefinitely for long periods? When you buy something you pay for it. The money belongs to me not eBay. If you can’t be supportive in your advice don’t bother responding to me. 

I did read your intro,   and I looked at your sales history,  and it is clear in the eyes of Ebay you have not sold for some time, and as such are considered a new seller.

If setting out the facts is not supportive,  I am not sure what you are after.   

I know, because I have read the T&C's I agreed to when listing, that even my latest item listed on this account may be on hold,  because I have not sold for sometime on this account.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply