Payment on hold

I hope you can help me with this  Buyer (No longer a registered user) thrown off because of fraudulent behaviour, claimed he didn't recognize his payment for a watch he bought off me late January. He bid and won the auction..paid straight away. Waited for confirmation that I had sent it then claimed he 'didn't recognize payment'. He now has the watch, Tracking number LK141744757AU....Delivered Mostrecent update Delivered UNITEDSTATES Date& time Mon 14 Feb, 8.54pm .

So this guy doesn't recognize his payment but he clearly is happy to keep the same watch he can't remember paying for. WHERE IS MY SELLER PROTECTION???  I have followed all the rules. I trusted ebay to look after their sellers and I have done NOTHING WRONG.  I have paid $1000's of fees to ebay (they never miss out) but when I rely on you to be fair and release the money that is rightfully mine you can't/won't do a thing!

Pro tip guys...buy  heap of expensive stuff, wait till it's sent then don't 'recognise payment' Be assured ebay will do nothing!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Payment on hold

Seller protection is supposed to cover you as long as you have sent with tracking, within your handling time and to the address on record. Perhaps on Monday, jump onto chat and explain that you have done everything required of you - if Ebay refunds, it should be out of their pocket, not yours.

As an aside, what was the buyers feedback left for sellers/others like? Any red flags?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Payment on hold

Seller protection is supposed to cover you as long as you have sent with tracking, within your handling time and to the address on record. Perhaps on Monday, jump onto chat and explain that you have done everything required of you - if Ebay refunds, it should be out of their pocket, not yours.

As an aside, what was the buyers feedback left for sellers/others like? Any red flags?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Payment on hold

You are spot on when you say we can't do a thing to release your money

Just as you cannot release the money owed to other sellers

(As in, we are all simply buyers and sellers like you, not eBay staff who do not read here)

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Payment on hold

I've done all that. eBay can see every step that took place (exactly as I laid out in previous message) but ebay won't help because 'it's outside their control'  My question is I used the ebay platform, I pay all the fees and am in good standing.... buyer used ebay platform to buy my expensive watch then claimed he didn't recognize payment,  ebay withheld my money , buyer received my expensive new Bulova watch as per tracking I supplied then he was thrown off ebay because of PREVIOUS complaints, as a result I can't contact him. So he still doesn't recognize the payment he made after winning my 7 day  auction (after bidding several times through my auction)  , but has gladly kept my  watch. 

This in my book is theft but ebay DOES NOTHING!  If someone used my company to orchestrate a fraud I'd be in trouble, both from police and the damage it caused my bussiness. eBay NEVER misses out. The facts are clear, ebay doesn't care and it's so called 'seller protection' is no more than a confidence trick played on suckers like me that place misguided trust into a multi national money grabbing company that could NOT care less about sellers like me/us.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Payment on hold

@steda7975 wrote:

I've done all that. eBay can see every step that took place (exactly as I laid out in previous message) but ebay won't help because 'it's outside their control'  My question is I used the ebay platform, I pay all the fees and am in good standing.... buyer used ebay platform to buy my expensive watch then claimed he didn't recognize payment, 

I can only think that the "buyer" has done a credit card chargeback, and that is the reason they are saying it's "out of their control".

Where you go from here I have no idea, but maybe your bank can give you some help.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply