Payouts on hold message

Just had a bright red message bar come up across my seller hub saying something like " Please update your bank account. Payouts will be held until you do so"

I happened to refresh my screen and the message went away.

I don't even think I have my bank details on file anyway.

Glitch maybe?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Payouts on hold message

Probably, the site has had some messages and alerts in the past meant for certain members go to the wrong members.

Just check you don't need a new credit card (expiring soon) linked to PayPal or for auto paying eBay fees.

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think you will find it has something to do with with the new system that ebay is introducing.

As I understand it ebay will decide when sellers get paid for an item.....unlike paypal where the seller can decide when to withdraw their money.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Yes this was mentioned a while ago and I'm not looking forward to this one let me tell ya haha.

I hope that ebay have come to their senses because there will be alot of unhappy sellers.

I heard that payouts could be held for 2 weeks lol before a seller can access them.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Yikes....that is just another reason that I have decided not to sell on ebay.

Over the last 14 years I bought a lot of collectables with the intention of enjoying them and then onselling them when we decided to downsize.

Heaven only knows where I will be able to dispose of them now....I will probably flood the local auctions and lower the prices.Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Just received my confirmation email from PayPal that I can now buy and pay later lol 21 days later wow just like in the US.

I wonder if the seller will get their payments immediately or will have to wait 21 days also?

Our worst night mares about to become true?

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal picks up the bill for the py later scheme......the seller is paid immediately by paypal.....at least that is how it works in the US.

I hope they never offer it to me....if I cannot pay immediately I just don't/won't buy.

At present I am on a buying drought.....our work van was written off a few weeks ago and we have to replace it,,,,and have no money coming in until we are back on the road.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Sorry to hear about your van hope things go well and the buy now pay later is only an option that I can choose if I wish to when I make a payment through PayPal so some might take it up and some may not.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

If it can only be seen when making a payment then I won't see it anyway.

Bought a good secondhand van last Friday and have been getting it optioned to our requirements.....still need a $600 alarm which will be fitted on Saturday.  I have just balked at paying $900 for a genuine nudge bar and am looking on ebay for a non genuine (recommended by our friendly smash repairer).  The prices are very user friendly at around $300.  I might just see the pay later offer after all.Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I just wrote off my van with a kangaroo a couple of days ago, so when I get the insurance payout and find another I will also have to go through that - find someone to fit the options I want. Such a hassle, and I loved my old van. Oh well, what can you do *sigh*

Latest reply