Paypal Enquiry - Releasing Funds Earlier as Already have another Ebay Verified Account

I have been using paypal for many years on this ebay account (at least 10 years).  I opened another ebay account in November to which my funds are now frozen for 21 days.

I contacted paypal via email and they now want so much paperwork.  Including scanned copy of drivers license, tax file details, rates statements etc.   I am concerned that I am now giving them too much information.

Just wondering if anyone else had to go through this process when you already hold an existing account?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Paypal Enquiry - Releasing Funds Earlier as Already have another Ebay Verified Account

yep it's been the same for lots of sellers new accounts and also older accounts that have not had much recent activity. read the link below.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/21-DAY-HOLD-FINANCIAL-SERVICE-OMBUDSMAN-WANTS-TO-HEAR-FROM-Y...

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

We opened up a new ebay selling account just prior to Xmas and never had to go thru all this.

We also have two other long-standing and good performing selling accounts.

But we are still using the same fully verified paypal account on the new selling account so perhaps this makes the difference if you open a new paypal account. Perhaps ask paypal if they will take into consideration your other long-time good account.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I opened a new account prior to Christmas and linked it to the same Paypal account I've used with this one for years. I called up and asked if I could get the 21 days payment hold removed as I'm a top rated seller... blah blah... I was told that they couldn't remove it at all and I'd have to wait at least 3 months for it to be removed from my new account!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Then if they do hold your funds now go right to the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service) and open up a case against them.

This will get your funds released within 48-hours.

It has worked for myself and a number of other sellers on these boards.

As long as you have an established good track record as a seller, which you have, they will remove the holds.

They have never placed any hold on us at all after that, so it appears to be permanent.

**edit**

Here is a link to the thread all about this.

FOS Thread

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I haven't opened a new account since 1 November. When I opened one up about 12 mths ago, i was able to get it linked to my existing one in good standing and increased limits.. Things have changed a lot lately.

In one way it is good if new accounts being opened have to provide more id documentation - not so easy now for scammers to keep opening new accounts.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

In one way it is good if new accounts being opened have to provide more id documentation - not so easy now for scammers to keep opening new accounts.

But it would be good if they extended it to Chinese scammers/sellers as well,(as their scamming  is still going

strong).

It wont make a lot of difference to them as they'll just hijack accounts and/or temporarely borrow/buy accounts for a

month or so,(so they have enough time for them to list scam items and disappear).

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply