Paypal holding my funds for 21 days or more?

00-nzl
Community Member

Hi Ebayers,

It has been a while since I've sold something on ebay and after spending last weekend photographing and listing in anticipation of earning some extra dollars for Xmas, I now find that my dollars earnt from the sales are being held by Paypal for 21 days.  After following the instructions to speed up the process (express postage with a tracking id) it hasn't shortened the length of time that i need to wait.

I find this most annoying and this isn't made obvious when listing.  The downside to this is I'm out of pocket for postage AND ebay selling fees before I even get my funds.  

Dear Ebay - I will not be selling on your site again and intend to cancel all other  auctions that are in process, I think this recent move has killed the fun for home consumers selling their knick knacks around the house.  Having to wait 21 days whilst you sit on my money is ridiculous.  Wonder what Paypal does with my funds during that 21 days of holding?  Sure as **bleep** I wont see any interest from it!

I think I'll go to Gumtree, no fees, cash payments and less bs.

Todd

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Ok I surrender .I guess I am somewhat bitter about being lied to and banned by Paypal for doing absolutely nothing wrong and then subsequently lied to and banned from selling on eBay despite having  a 1248 of often glowing positive feedback score with only one negative feed back in all the years I have been a seller . 

Message 31 of 45
Latest reply

Just because you have a beef with ebay and paypal there is no need to take it out on the responders on the boards.   It is not our fault.

And for the record...where have I stood up for ebay and paypal without being able to justify my stance in relation to their policies?

The responders here do not necessarily agree with or support those policies but should be able to explain how they relate to the problem that the member is having.

Message 32 of 45
Latest reply

@rgherron wrote:

Ok I surrender .I guess I am somewhat bitter about being lied to and banned by Paypal for doing absolutely nothing wrong and then subsequently lied to and banned from selling on eBay despite having  a 1248 of often glowing positive feedback score with only one negative feed back in all the years I have been a seller . 

You must have done something for eBay to ban you from selling. They don't just ban people for the hell of it. Did you accumulate too many defects? You said you've only ever had one negative feedback, have a few buyers given you low ratings? Did eBay give a reason for banning you?

Message 33 of 45
Latest reply

Tippy, rgherron has explained that paypal has cancelled his account for some bizarre reason so he tried to register his merchant credit facility with ebay.  It was turned down on the grounds that one of the terms of a merchant facility is to have a working paypal account.

A bit of a Catch 22 it seems.

It also puts ebay back to having just ONE safe payment option....there is no longer a choice.  IMO it has everything to do with the MBG.  Ebay could not claw any money back from Paymate or a Merchant Facility so they get rid of them.

Message 34 of 45
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Tippy, rgherron has explained that paypal has cancelled his account for some bizarre reason so he tried to register his merchant credit facility with ebay.  It was turned down on the grounds that one of the terms of a merchant facility is to have a working paypal account.

A bit of a Catch 22 it seems.

It also puts ebay back to having just ONE safe payment option....there is no longer a choice.  IMO it has everything to do with the MBG.  Ebay could not claw any money back from Paymate or a Merchant Facility so they get rid of them.

I suppose they would still insist on a PayPal account so they have somewhere to gouge the money from, yes? It doesn't explain why his eBay account was banned though.....or would that be because he doesn't have a PayPal account? I think I'd just cut my losses and start again with all new email addresses.

Message 35 of 45
Latest reply

Well that is my theory....it has everything to do with the MBG.

I believe that is why the ebay account was cancelled.

Message 36 of 45
Latest reply

So true Lyndal!  Under my Brulinsfarm ID, they keep giving me vouchers & discounts but under my other ID (which I stopped selling with a long time ago) I have feedback in the thousands & they have never, ever offered me anything 😞 My other personality feels quite hurt 😞 ;(

And going back to the original topic, I was shocked by the 21 day witholding of funds. I am sure it is illegal!

Message 37 of 45
Latest reply

Tats BS! I'm not a new seller! Everytime some Thief from the UK buys an item off me they claim they didnt get it! Thats funny cos some do in the UK, I get stuff through to Korea even! All these theives have to do is say after not even a month for an overseas transaction that they didnt get their item . MY PAYPAL FUNDS THEN HELD. Stop sticking up for these greedy corporate askholes! 

Im leaving today. Done with this Sjit!

Message 38 of 45
Latest reply

Well that is a relief for all of us who have been reading your abusive posts.

It is not our fault that you do not read the advice given on these boards on how to get your funds released.

Message 39 of 45
Latest reply

paypal is owned by ebay they arnt seperate companys they are a seperate branch of ebay so prity sure ebay would care but hey you be you

Message 40 of 45
Latest reply