Paypal lowering fees from the 12th Feb

Next month we’ll be making some changes that we want to bring to your attention.

We’re introducing a new tier of lower pricing for sellers with a monthly sales volume between $2,500 and $5,000. The rate for this tier will be 2.2% + fixed fee.
For sellers with a monthly sales volume of less than $2,500, the standard rate will be changed to 2.6% + fixed fee. We’ve also changed the standard rate for all other types of commercial transactions.
For sellers using Website Payments Pro and whose monthly sales volume is over $150,000, we have amended the rate for cross-border transactions to 2.5% + fixed fee.
We’ve clarified when our Seller Protection Policy does not apply.
We’ve made some changes to our Privacy Policy.
The changes will automatically take effect on 12 February 2015 and we have updated the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement, the User Agreement and the Privacy Policy. 

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Paypal lowering fees from the 12th Feb

Take care DG.

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

No game.

I am posting my opinion about your posts about others posts.

Ok, this post appeared same time as I wrote my previous one, so I'll stick around long enough to add:

What is frustrating me is that your opinion on my posts seems to continually ignore the fact that - as I have stated - all I've said (or meant to say) is that I see no sound basis to make assumptions about the fee changes.

I have not disputed anyone complaining about them per se, or how they will affect them, only the stuff that makes assumptions about PayPal's reasoning or justification, which no one has privy to here, as far as I know. I threw out some things to consider to help me highlight where I'm coming from, that is all.

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

Heart

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

Quote: I see no point in continuing this

But you do ....  another 3 posts !!!!!!!!!!!!

Complete loss of creditability

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

@iamanark wrote:

Complete loss of creditability

Aw, man.

sigh

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

iamanark so how are your credible as you don't seem to be a buyer or seller ?
Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

DG only ever posts subjectively in the way that it's her opinion or basis on which she believes is correct or how it can be seen in a 

different light.

Her knowledge base in regards to eBay and PP has been proved time and time again and she only posts to help others understand

policies and changes from how she perceives them.

IMHO any "attack" on her is completely unwarranted and lacking in respect.

As she stated she had a long, annoying day and was extraordinarily tired.

Cats understood that and acknowledged it,where as you?

So your remarks are completely in the wrong and contribute nothing to the thread.,(so why bother?)

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

Thank you very much for your comments, SB, truly appreciated 🙂 Heart 

The post didn't bother me at all, though, if someone doesn't think I have any creditability on that basis, fine by me. 😉

Edit: Peace offering for cats

Spoiler
gift
Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

I cant see why anyone would have a problem with a vendor offering a volume discount and loading the discount onto premium fees for small customers who are more expensive and time consuming to service.  That ethos has been around for,,,,about 2000 years,

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

Quote: iamanark so how are your credible as you don't seem to be a buyer or seller ?

Yes, you are right

I am just a nark

But with 13 years experience with over 6000 100% positive feedback

It is not over until the Fat Ladies post

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply