Personal detail verification

Hi. I sold my first item on ebay and now my payment is on hold due to personal information that they cannot verify. I have tried multiple times, but without fail. How can I get ebay to verify my information or are they conveniently trying to hold my money

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Personal detail verification

There are 2 sections, I tried my licence in bothe and then the passport in both. Also tried the passport first and then licence and also visa versa. I have no more combinations to try

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Are you providing sufficiently high quality images?

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

The best I can with best lighting. Photos taken with Samsung s22 ultra

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Are the images edge to edge?

What size are the files?

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Do you have a printer to scan them to upload?

Also I asked if the names on DL, passport and bank account are exactly the same.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@johawilke-0 wrote:

There are 2 sections, I tried my licence in bothe and then the passport in both. Also tried the passport first and then licence and also visa versa. I have no more combinations to try

Have you tried just one in one space and not both?

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

From memory, I was required to provide a DL or passport number in ONE space.

As stawks said, try one, not both and don't overcomplicate things. Or opt for micropayments.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I just read that you only need one form of id, passport or dl.

have you tried entering the passport in both sections ie photo in one section and passport number in second section?

I don't know if this will help:

When you're uploading documents to eBay, the files you upload must follow eBay's guidelines. You should make sure the names on the documents match the names on your eBay account. Additionally, the files must be:

• In JPEG, JPG, PDF or PNG format
  • Visible from edge to edge, including all four corners โ€“ we may not be able to verify your details if the image is blurry or if information is cut off
  • A maximum file size of 4 MB
  • In colour
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply