Pick up code

odeas1
Community Member

My buyer has picked up the item from my place and I have the pickup code (not the QR scan).  But where do I enter it??  It says to open the app and do it, but how?  Where?  Order details has nowhere to put it!

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Pick up code

Mark the item as sent.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Encouraging others to be careless with the truth isn't very clever. Distortion is one of  your strong points that I hope doesn't go un-noticed by potential book buyers.  

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

From eBay help:

Proof of pickup

Proof of pickup is required to protect you against item not received cases.

For proof of pickup you can:

Use the eBay app to scan the QR code the buyer received through email

Use the eBay app to manually enter the 6-digit code the buyer received through email

To scan the QR code:

Go to Selling on the eBay App.

Go to the Sold tab.

Select the Arrange Pickup banner.

Tap the Scan to confirm pickup button.

If the buyer doesn't have their email with the codes, they can also access the code by going to their Purchase history in the eBay app.

Tip

When you scan or manually enter these codes, the item will immediately be marked as delivered but you'll still need to mark the item as paid if you collect payment at the time of delivery.

If you don't want to use the app, ask the buyer to sign a copy of the eBay order form at the time of pickup.

As to how to do it if you don't have the app- no idea!

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@skyrider12-au wrote:

Encouraging others to be careless with the truth isn't very clever. Distortion is one of  your strong points that I hope doesn't go un-noticed by potential book buyers.  

wow what prompted this, what davewill suggested is actually legit.

But I guess its from someone with private feedback, surely that wont go un-noticed

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Sly makes a point, when allowed on the fora, to have shots at me.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

How careless?

If the item was picked up, by definition it was sent. By hand. Personally.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

"Marked as sent" dosen't  prove it was delivered

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@hotrodvideo wrote:

"Marked as sent" dosen't  prove it was delivered

So what's your solution for the OP?

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

An item was picked up from me yesterday. I had asked the buyer to bring the pickup code. When advising ebay the only option to tick was item sent , ebay immediately changed the item status to "Picked up 25 Jul".

I do not use the app so I enter the pickup code in the "my note" section so if a problem arises I could provide this as proof (because the buyer would surely only give this to me when picking up the item).

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply