Please Check Your PayPal Running Balances

In the last 24 hours, I - and several other sellers - have discovered funds are not being added or tallied correctly after payments were received.

As far as I can see (so far, anyway), my account is "only" missing $10.38, others are missing similar amounts while at least one is missing nearly $200.

To check if this has affected you, click to view all activity and look at the running total - last night I received a net payment that was $6~ but the new total after that payment was less than the total before it.

eg (not actual account amounts 😄 )

Balance: $100

New Payment: $6

New Balance: $96

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Please Check Your PayPal Running Balances

Yes, I have also found one payment... a net amount of 20.17.. but the balance only increased by 1.76.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Thank you for the heads up , hmm, yes , seems I am out just over $10

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for the heads up on this one DG.

I just went back about 48-hours on both of our PayPal accounts and checked our running totals.

All good here.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was out $50.00 Ran PayPal and it's the result of a software update.

I suppose we must remain thankful that our balances didn't become zero.

PayPal rep said all in order again within 24 hours.

It only happened in the last 24 hours.

I reconcile against my own records everyday so I can confirm this

is a recent anomoly.

Still stinks though. 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Up down and sideways it just won't balance.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

In addition, my payments going out today are not functioning correctly.

Show as "pending" when there should be no problem (merchant I have paid many times with Paypal)

No email receipt of the payment

Shows as deducted at the bank's end.

The two could be connected. Sellers don't get paid, I don't get a receipt, but Paypal has the money...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Working fine here.

I've had 1 sale and 2 eBay fee payments today and the balance is correct.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

In addition, my payments going out today are not functioning correctly.

Show as "pending" when there should be no problem (merchant I have paid many times with Paypal)

No email receipt of the payment

Shows as deducted at the bank's end.

The two could be connected. Sellers don't get paid, I don't get a receipt, but Paypal has the money...

I've had a couple of payments come through with no PP notifications (the funds are in my account, though), but I also noticed yesterday that some payments are showing "Not Eligible" for seller protection, with no apparent reason why. Smiley Surprised (The payments were made from verified accounts, so none had used guest checkouts, and there weren't any other known factors that would exclude them from protection - they're mostly items that are going as large letters so I wouldn't have qualified for protection if something happened, except for one which is higher value and being sent fully tracked).

@Anonymous, thanks for the info - it's a relief to know it's a recent anomaly, because I wouldn't have double-checked if others hadn't noticed it first. Smiley Embarassed

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's 7pm 18/4/2016 and I am still down $51.71

It's not so much the amount but the possibility of more funds simply vanishing without a trace.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply