Please Check Your PayPal Running Balances

In the last 24 hours, I - and several other sellers - have discovered funds are not being added or tallied correctly after payments were received.

As far as I can see (so far, anyway), my account is "only" missing $10.38, others are missing similar amounts while at least one is missing nearly $200.

To check if this has affected you, click to view all activity and look at the running total - last night I received a net payment that was $6~ but the new total after that payment was less than the total before it.

eg (not actual account amounts ๐Ÿ˜„ )

Balance: $100

New Payment: $6

New Balance: $96

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Please Check Your PayPal Running Balances

i have a payment marked 'pending' from a sale on sunday. recieved email saying i'd recieved an echeque. never had one of those before. said i'll get another email when it clears.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry David. It's normal for an e-cheque to take a while.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

eCheques are quite normal, it means the buyer has had the funds debited from their bank account rather than used a credit card (or has a Visa / Mastercard back-up funding source).

eCheques can't be subject to a credit card chargeback, at least.

For the last few weeks, several payments for sales made elsewhere have been "pending" (always the jewellery store on Et*y Smiley Frustrated ), where I get this:

Dear [my name],

This transaction is pending.
Amount: $[not squillions of] AUD (unfortunately)
Transaction ID: [random string of characters]
Buyer: [Buyer's Name]

View the details of this transaction

Unfortunately, we are unable to complete this particular transaction. Please note, this decline is specific to this transaction only and does not affect the use of your PayPal account for other transactions.

For more information on the reasons for the review, see our Acceptable Use Policy which is part of our User Agreement.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Then it clears anywhere from 1-24 hours later. o.O 

I finally received a reply from PayPal this afternoon - issue still not resolved, same as above, and just a "trust us, the payment was received and we're working to fix this as soon as possible" note. >_> 

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

well thats a relief. as id never seen it before i was a little worried the buyer would be messaging me asking why i hadnt posted the item.

you have made that problem much better.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It can't be just us few. Makes you wonder how often other sellers reconcile their accounts.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

well thats a relief. as id never seen it before i was a little worried the buyer would be messaging me asking why i hadnt posted the item.

you have made that problem much better.

I probably should just mention that eCheques can sometimes fail (I've had it happen a few times, occasionally it's due to a PayPal error, but more often than not it's because there wasn't enough funds in the buyer's account) - I know you said you haven't posted yet, but I just figured I should add that (you'll get an email from PayPal if it fails). 

Not too long ago, I had a repeat buyer pay via PayPal with an eCheque - they sent me a message the next day and asked me to post immediately because their eCheque had already cleared (I knew this was highly unlikely, as PP will send notification of clearance, and it pretty much always takes a minimum of 3 business days anyway). 

I logged into PayPal and had a look at the payment - it was showing as cancelledSmiley Surprised (I received no notification from PayPal for that, and the buyer never responded to my "uuhhhh, hang on a minute.... " message, so they went on the BBL). 

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply