Please contact Minister for Communications regarding AustPost International Delays

I like many have items sitting in Australian warehouses awaiting international flights.  Some since mid March.  I spoke with an AustPost representative yesterday that was upfront and basically said they have a list of certain countries that there is NO HOPE of getting international flights to.  In my case it was Portugal.  Yes Im aware that they are switching alot of these parcels to Seafright but by the time it gets there your customers would have lodged INR claims and most likely succeed in getting a full refund and then still getting the item (even though it would be months away).

He also mentioned that they are considering simply returning the items.  IMO this is the best option as sellers, we at least we get the item back. You can then use other carriers that can deliver overseas better than AustPost such as UPS and DHL.  I realise they arent the cheapest but with higher valued items it may be better.  Ive limited the countries I ship to to the airline hubs and major countries that UPS have to travel through regularly.

If you are able to please email  Minister for Communications, the Hon Paul Fletcher (Paul.Fletcher.MP@aph.gov.au) and ask him to direct AustPost to return all these items sitting in warehouses for over 2 months otherwise you will be out a refund and also lose the item.  Also by returning the item AustPost should refund your original postage.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Please contact Minister for Communications regarding AustPost International Delays

I don't get it have you got your items back?
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry to hear about your loss and the tens of thousands of sellers and millions of buyers who buy and sell internationally during a global pandemic when 90% of airfreight capacity has vanished and no short term improvement.

A media outlet will get you more traction than an email.
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I have to wonder though about the international buyers who are quite happy to wait for their items to arrive and then find that they've been sent back to the seller..........probably they're not going to be happy campers.

On top of that, more resources will have to be employed to identify and return those items to the sellers.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

It would be quicker for buyers if items where returned and dedicated freight companies used that are not currently suffering problems that  AP are due to the fact they own their own planes and only get paid if they do what they are paid for.

Australia Post can deliver 2million parcels a day so would not take long to return them and put the whole idea of storing them indeifinatley down to a poor decision from a poor decision making company that should have stopped accepting parcels for delivery in the first place.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

It would be faster for me if AP returned the items and I sent them UPS or DHL.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

UPS and DHL are having delays like every other 'dedicated' logistics provider on the planet, and don't mention the TOLL ! We are three months into these issues and buyers and sellers are still transacting internationally and nothing has changed.

Until passenger flights get back in the air, air freight will continue to struggle as 90% of capacity is under the seats.
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I suggest taking them to the postal ombudsmen
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Postal Ombudsman doesn't exist and as Australia Post is a Government entity and has no competition, it's the 'police' enforcing the 'police' but they have an official complaints policy and procedure which works very well.

Bare in mind you are one customer amongst 25 million others...
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply