Postage Pricing Zones - Need Help

shilot13
Community Member

Hi - we are setting up postage rates tables for our items and have come across an issue. We don't just use Australia Post to send our items (most of which are too heavy/large to make AP economical) and need to get quotes from our other couriers in order to set up reasonable postage rates. However, no-one seems to have any useful information regarding which postcodes/suburbs fall into the subcategories eBay provides (i.e. is it based on distance/a certain circumference working outwards from the CBD?)

An example is - eBay ask us to select the regions and states we can deliver with standard service. They split up Victoria into 2 categories - Melbourne Metropolitan & Victoria Regional. However, Melbourne Metro is split into 4 more subcategories: Greater Melbourne, Melbourne, Melbourne Fringe and Melbourne Metro PO Box/LVR. Victoria Regional is also split into 4: Inner Victoria, Outer Victoria, Victoria Regional PO Box/LVR and Wodonga. When we go to our couriers (who need specifics - postcodes/names of suburbs), how do we tell them what these categories mean so that they can offer quotes?  I've tried Google but no success.

We send to customers all over Australia and such categories per State are too general (even though eBay is able to match the postcodes that customers input on their payment form to the correct postage zone on the rate table!). Has anyone else come across this problem and if so, how did you get past it? Spoken to eBay tech support & they couldn't help. We've even approached Australia Post, but they have different postage charging zones to eBay so their postage charging info isn't enough.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance 🙂 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Postage Pricing Zones - Need Help

If you go here, part-way down the page is a link to download a PDF doc of eBay's region breakdown by postcode (look for the "Preparing and Setting up Your Postage Rate Tables" section).

That should help your couriers provide pricing by region, even if there's a few discrepancies (i.e. different pricing within one of eBay's regions).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If you go here, part-way down the page is a link to download a PDF doc of eBay's region breakdown by postcode (look for the "Preparing and Setting up Your Postage Rate Tables" section).

That should help your couriers provide pricing by region, even if there's a few discrepancies (i.e. different pricing within one of eBay's regions).

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Hi digital*ghost, 

Thanks for your message - have taken a look & forwarded the spreadsheet to my boss, so will wait to hear if it suits what she needs.

Appreciate your help!

Charlotte

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Hey, I also have the same problem and the pdf showing the region breakdown would be awesome however ebay no longer has the pdf online. Would you by any chance be able to send me the pdf? Would be hugely appreciated! Cheers, Ben
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Here's a page with the current rates. 

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Hi all,

I am having the same issue but it looks like the table with the breakdown has been moved. Does anyone know where the link has been saved now for the region breakdown by postocde?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Pretty easy now:

Under 500:$8.95 AW

Under 1kg:$12.20 AW

It gets a bit tricky over 2 kilos. Once you iit  a certain dimension it goes up with HxLxB+W. If  small enough it will be around $15.35

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@best-choice-products wrote:

Hi all,

I am having the same issue but it looks like the table with the breakdown has been moved. Does anyone know where the link has been saved now for the region breakdown by postocde?

Thanks!

Nowhere to be found, unfortunately (the best eBay provide now is a link to Aus Post's regions that apply for My Post, I don't think eBay and AP's zone breakdown match 100%, but if it helps, this is the AP version - you'd kind of have to do a bit of cross-referencing and guessing, though: https://auspost.com.au/content/dam/auspost_corp/media/documents/mypost-business-domestic-postcode-gu...

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for your response digital*ghost
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply