Postage TImes

We are a top rated seller, generally we send an item out the SAME day as sale despite having the items listed as sending the following business day

Have noticed Australa Post have really dropped the ball since Christmas and items are taking a lot longer to reach the destination.  We have changed nothing at our end at all to cause this

Despite a valid tracking number being entered into the sale details the SAME DAY as the sale, the tracking showing the item being scanned by Australia Post the SAME DAY we have noticed on our defect rate that we are being penalised for this occurance to the point we are about to lose our Top Rated Seller status

Has anyone had any similar issues and if you have worked out how to resolve please let me know as I can not see why we should be penalised for doing the right thing and sending items out early.

We have looked into other methods of postage however have found that there is no 1 simple solution as we send car parts all over Australia and most other companies do not have the coverage Australia Post has.

Any help would be great, have tried to contact eBay help chat twice today alone and just a blank window stating they will be with me in under a minute

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Postage TImes

Thanks Stickers, I'll get in there and have a look ๐Ÿ™‚

And yes, this postage issue, where we have absolutely no control, once shipped that is, and then being penalised for late arrival, is quite ridiculous.

But, I'm learning to just get on with things and just look for the ways of least resistance:-)

THanks.

Melina.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

@mitsfix wrote:
Did think of that and then did a comparison over several of these items. The date delivered shows up the same on Aust Post as it does on eBay

There were a couple where there was an attempted delivery say on a Wednesday and then the customer finally lobbed into the Post Office on the Saturday and collected, system shows delivery date as Saturday

Ebay have removed 16 so far, will keep onto them however as I can still see at least 11 out of the 17 which are rubbish, the other 6 are delays mostly due to customers wanting delay and a couple still from the friday before New Year where Aust Post was closed

I know it is a little thing BUT if we lost Top Rated we move down in the search results, we work very hard to make sure our customers are happy and return which many of them do. Sure we get the odd idiot which can not be pleased but this is fairly rare

I was thinking more of the timeliness of the updates, not the information contained.

eg. You post at 1700 today and get a scan saying the same. eBay bots batch download eParcel tracking data next Monday. By which time the computer has already determined you haven't posted within your handling time.

I use eBay labels and standard AP satchels and have never had a problem with late delivery defects, which is why I suggested it might be the way eBay and eParcel interact.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

most of your items look big, upload tracking numbers to ebay if their tracked and sent on time, receive automatic 5 * rating, buyer cant lower it

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Hi all

i had a big chat to eBay the other day.

i have customers who order and pay for items and then send me a message to check they orders the right size ( dance shoes do not fit like normal shoes) and then they will give me a foot measurement ๐Ÿ˜ณ of course the message is sent at night and I need to wait till the next day to measure the shoe.  And responses do not come straight away.

One in particular customer  after chatting realised she had ordered the wrong size. I did not have the size she needed listed (I am still madly listing items) so I need to check at the warehouse if I had any, any way we chatted back and forth re the size and that made the mail out time late.

i asked if they could have a system of putting an order on hold while issues are discussed.

their response extend your handling time. I said but you want me to handle it fast to get top rating. Catch 22

i have extended my time to 5 days. And this wasnโ€™t enough for one customer after waiting 5 days for her response. I had to cancel theorder, as I dint want to deal with a return, dance mums get really angry when they get the wrong size ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Haha then she responded. โ€œ why did you cancel my order? โ€œ 

It wouldnโ€™t have mattered what I did I still get a defect notice ๐Ÿ˜ณ on all options.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply