Postage rip off-Post office ripping me/customers off

If there is an Australia Post rep out there then can you please explain to me why Aust Post is ripping people off with postage cost as I have been ripped off many times now and all I get for an answer is sorry but you are wrong.For example I have just been ripped off today,I went and posted a letter with registered postage and it weighs 35 grams and when the postal worker placed it on the scales it came up as 246 grams which she then charged me $1.40 instead of $0.70 **bleep**???????.The letter did not weigh 1/4 of a kilo! The scales are totally out of wack and the post office knows this and I am sick and tired of being ripped off.I remember years ago when Coles in my local area tampered with their scales to make things weigh more and they were caught and fined for it,I have a feeling that this is what is happening with my local post office?

I think that I might have to carry my own scales with me when I go to the post office from now on.

I don't mind paying for postage as long as I am charged the correct costs but to be totally ripped off like this is just very unfair.

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Postage rip off-Post office ripping me/customers off

You nominate, I'll vote.Smiley Wink

Message 51 of 58
Latest reply

Tomorrow. 

Message 52 of 58
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Tomorrow. 

tonight

we'll just need padi boy

Message 53 of 58
Latest reply

Yeah, but he's behind the times.

Message 54 of 58
Latest reply

he gave me kudo so he's on board, that makes 3 . . . . . should be enough

Message 55 of 58
Latest reply

was 1cm thick

Message 56 of 58
Latest reply

If you knew it was within the specifications to be sent as a letter why didn't you ask the assistant to put it through the slot before you paid?  Anyone can make a mistake.....if you know one has been made and don't draw their attention to it then you are as much to blame.

Much more effective than coming here and whinging after the fact.

Message 57 of 58
Latest reply

OR...

stick the requisite number of stamps on it and chuck it in the red box. As a letter it is untracked and has no proof of postage, so seller protection doesn't come into it.

Message 58 of 58
Latest reply