Postage

Not been selliing for a while so can some-one please tell me how much the postage iis on the eBay satchels..500gms, 3 kilo and 5 kilo.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Postage

@davewil1964 wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

You're not going to like this heihachi, but I'm in complete agreement with Stalks, Dave and lyndal on this one, the intention of the concession stamps is for private mail for pensioners not for business use. 

You may bring up the pollies with their snouts in the trough with the benefits they rort on a regular basis, but really are you being any different, albeit you're only using 50 pensioner concession stamps a year.

Sorry, but any rort gets up my nose.

The concession stamps have no such terms of use.

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/stamps/concession-stamps/conditions-of-use

Bagging a seller on a concession card that is using the stamps they are entitled to use is pretty low IMO.  There are limits in place.

Shame the government doesn't do more to support pensioners and other low income earners to earn a few extra bucks through their resourcefulness and effort, including selling on eBay. 

Any earnings contribute to pushing many of those concession card holders that little bit closer to earnings equivalent the poverty line.

Supporting a seller who complains about not having unlimited concessional postage is very low, IMO. especially when you have noted - 

There are limits in place.

Unless you consider there should be several playing fields. Or didn't actually read heihachi's whinge. Or are just having 2 bob each way.

I have no problem if there are extra or more supports available for small business, particularly those on low income and eligible for concessions?

If you have a problem with existing supports, maybe let your local member know ? be proactive, instead of naysaying or deadthreading for a change Cat Very Happy

Message 21 of 41
Latest reply

There are supports for small businesses but they are not available to pensioners and concession card holders.

You can't have it both ways.

Message 22 of 41
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

There are supports for small businesses but they are not available to pensioners and concession card holders.

Thats not true, "you" can have it "both ways"

The taxation system provides for both.  In the case of a sole trader you can receive a Centrelink benefit, pay tax, get a tax rebate, claim deductions, access a concession card, child care rebate, rent assistance, concession stamps, health care, travel allowance etc etc.

Many small businesses  well below the breadline and business owners are able to access a range of supports including arange of social service supports such as concessions - same as other people   Not sure why this is such as an issue for some.

Message 23 of 41
Latest reply

Only for you and heihachi. One wants something for nothing. The other, who knows.

Message 24 of 41
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Only for you and heihachi. One wants something for nothing. The other, who knows.

lol heckling for the sake of heckling.

Maybe go and search for a dead thread, so you feel important and relevant and berate those hapfess posters.

Thanks, now we all know what many suspected.

Message 25 of 41
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

NEW POSTAGE AS AT 4 OCTOBER 2016 (amended 6 Oct)

Must buy at least 20 satchels/20 boxes online at a time

With the ebay labels and click and send:  you have the option to pay extra for signature on delivery.

METHOD

BUY AT PO

(1 at a time)

EBAY ONLINE

CLICK AND SEND

500g parcel

$7.60

500g satchel

7.40 + 15c =       $7.55

8.25 + 25c  = $8.50

3 kg satchel

12.05 + 21c =    $12.26

13.45 + 35c  = $13.80

1 kg box Bx1

7.40 + 1.38 =      $8.78

13.45 + 1.38 = $14.83

5 kg satchel

-

17.15 + 45c = 17.60

3 kg box Bx2

12.05 + 1.75 = $13.80

15.40 + 1.75  = $17.15

5 kg box Bx4

15.75 + 2.40 =   $18.15

Express 500g

10.60  + 25c  = $10.85

Express 3kg

15.30  + 35c  = $15.65

Express 5 kg

24.35 + 45c = $24.80

LETTERS

INTERNATIONAL

Prepaid C5 500g 229 x 162 x 20mm

(buy 50 at a time $22.05

in Jan 2017 $22.95)

$2.21
$2.30

125g small 240 x 130 x  5MM

125g large 360 x 260 x 20mm

250g

$8.00

500g

$18.00

Registered post large letter add

In Jan 2017

3.80+

$4.90+

This is such a handy list curranone - thank you  Cat Happy

Message 26 of 41
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The taxation system provides for both.  In the case of a sole trader you can receive a Centrelink benefit, pay tax, get a tax rebate, claim deductions, access a concession card, child care rebate, rent assistance, concession stamps, health care, travel allowance etc etc.

Many small businesses  well below the breadline and business owners are able to access a range of supports including arange of social service supports such as concessions - same as other people   Not sure why this is such as an issue for some.

Maybe I should have had a small business. When Mr Tippy was off work last year after having his throat cut out and subsequent treatment for his cancer, we were living below the poverty line, yet Centrelink wouldn't touch us. As far as they were concerned, because I had a part time income, we could survive with him being off work for almost 6 months. All we wanted was a health care card to help out with the enormous amount of medications he's now on for the rest of his life. It would have been the difference between $40 a month instead of nearly $400.

I guess the difference is, we didn't learn how to rort the system like some. Maybe I should have chucked my job in and moved into a rental to reap the taxation benefits. No childcare rebate, but I'm sure I could have rorted the rest of the above. Would have been far better off financially, instead of having to borrow off the mortgage to survive, and buy his medications so he could survive. I did learn one thing though. It's amazing how much food you can actually buy for $20 when you really look hard.

Message 27 of 41
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Maybe "you" can have it both ways as a sole trader but there are thousands of small businesses that are not sole traders.

Small Registered Companies cannot access Centrelink and all the other benefits you have mentioned so how do you propose that the owners of these Companies should survive when times are tough.   They still have to pay all their obligations even if the Company is not making enough to feed the owner let alone anything else.

Message 28 of 41
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I guess the difference is, we didn't learn how to rort the system like some. 

Who was talking about rorting the system? 

All I saw was someone talking about using concession stamps to post eBay sales, and wondering why the concessions stamps are limited to 50 per year when other concession allowances are not. That's hardly an elaborate scheme to defraud the government of funds a concession holder wouldn't be entitled to (which is what I would define as rorting the system).

I get why people don't like to see concession stamps on a purchase (I'm not one of them, I couldn't care less), and I also get why there's a limit on the stamps (lots of government concessions are limited, things like bus ticket concession might not be, but it's also difficult to use buses in bulk for non-personal use - I should know, my PO is not that far away and would be about a 20 min round trip in a car, but it's usually a 1.5hr round trip at a minimum via public transport Smiley LOL ). 

Government support can be hard to get, and it can often be too easily given to those who don't deserve it, but having faced plenty of difficult financial times while trying to establish my business, none of which I really feel prepared to go into detail here, there's no way in heck I'd begrudge someone who is strugging using the few concession stamps they are allowed, to post something they sold on eBay. 

Message 29 of 41
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Small Registered Companies cannot access Centrelink and all the other benefits you have mentioned so how do you propose that the owners of these Companies should survive when times are tough.   They still have to pay all their obligations even if the Company is not making enough to feed the owner let alone anything else.

Of course small companies cannot access Centrelink, companies are business entitiies and not indvidual people.  

The directors or employees of companies may be eligible to apply and receive income support though, which might include access to a stamp 60 cents, rather than usual $1 rate within a per annum limit.  

Message 30 of 41
Latest reply