Postage

nips2u
Community Member

Hi I am new to this. Are you sellers aware that eBay charges a final value fee on postage. Take a look in your account. I think this is outragous. The only people that benifit from postage is eBay and the postal service used . It is not a profit making fee. It is to enable the item to be posted at the buyers expence. In certain situations the postage charged is often not enough so now not only to we have to wear the cost of providing the extra funds needed to post but now eBay wants a slice of it to. I think it is appauling!!!!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Postage

They do in the US, but not here in Australia - as you are listing on the Australian site, you would (or should) not be paying FVF on postage charges.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Postage

No they do NOT charge a FVF on your postage IF you have a separate postage cost NOT built into the item price.

If you offer free postage and have the postage added into the cost of the item then yes there is a FVF on the overall price.

And this is why a lot of sellers do not offer free postage.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Postage

Sorry - just saw that you do have some listings on the US site - so you'll be paying FVF on postage for those listings, but not the Oz ones.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Postage

There is a very good reason why ebay started to charge fvfs on the total sale price in the US. It was because of sellers trying to cheat ebay out of fvfs by quoting excessively high postage and low item price. Most buyers knew they were doing that but didn't care as it meant the total cost was usually cheaper.

The same thig used to happen here but with relatively fewer listings, more buyers who think the cost of postage vs total cost is an issue and the lack of variety in delivery services it is much easier for them to police excessive postage charges and cancel listings with excessive delivery charges v item weight/size.

You can easily avoid paying fees on the toal, don't list on the US site.

Fees and policies are different for every site and you should always be aware of those differences before you list.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply