Posting OOSHIES

Ooshies, those horrid plastic Woolworths things. My mum had a heap of them so I was looking at what they are selling for. People are selling the individual Ooshies for $4 or $5, up to $10 each with free postage. The only way they could make a profit on that is to send them as a large letter. I measured my Ooshies and the smallest is 25mm wide, up to 35mm, too big to send as a large letter. So 1 Ooshie would be a parcel. I imagine these sellers are sending their Ooshies in an envelope with 2 stamps. I bet Australia Post hate that, as things bigger than 2cm can get caught in their sorting machines. How do people get away with this? As a rule I don't send anything thicker than 18mm as a large letter. Anyone else selling Ooshies???
Message 1 of 130
Latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

Re: Posting OOSHIES

Message 21 of 130
Latest reply

Spoiler
Woman Surprised

I don't think any of those above the $350 sales will get their hard earned cash somehow lol 

Message 22 of 130
Latest reply

Yeah, but there are news articles saying that people are bidding because they think it's all just for fun. One woman 'sold' hers several times for 100K but nobody paid.

What's collectable about something that's not even remotely rare? I just don't get it. Obviously their marketing isn't working on me. I want to declutter, not accumulate more stuff! They rarely give me this sort of stuff at the supermarket so maybe they think I don't look like a sucker. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 23 of 130
Latest reply

A full set doesn't include the fluffy Ooshie, just the 24 regular ones. There are only 100 fluffy's.

Message 24 of 130
Latest reply

The fluffy's are the speeeeshul ones you're right which makes them rare I think lol.

I got sucked into the coles little shop craze spending well over $900 for groceries just to get those little suckers.

This time around I actually purchased full sets of these ooshies for $199 as I couldn't be bothered spending money on groceries just to get one little sucker lol.

And yes most people are after them for their kids but many are after them to make money now or in the future hopefully haha.

Message 25 of 130
Latest reply

Theres the answer to the op's question regarding postage. Now you can use an envelope and send it letter post.

Message 27 of 130
Latest reply

I thought Posting Ooshies was the name of a band

Message 28 of 130
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

I thought Posting Ooshies was the name of a band

Smiley LOL

Or a reboot of Pushing Daisies, but he's a mailmain this time, not a pie-maker.

Message 29 of 130
Latest reply

The furry don't come with the set lol it's like willy wonka and the golden ticket if you find the furry you win a million dollars or something like that haha.

Message 30 of 130
Latest reply