Printing labels through AU Post

Since I have gone onto managed payments I have been printing all my postage labels through my AU Post account and have noticed

in the last few days that the buyers email addresses are now being replaced by "ebay members" addresses.

I can think of a few reasons for that.

Any ideas??

Cheers

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Same for me. Not sure where our confirmation and thank you emails go to now but sure they wont get to 'our' customers. Trying to give a little 'extra' in customer service is now fruitless I expect.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Have been using My Post Business ever since it started, can't say I have noticed any change.

Just went back through all items processed earlier today and under  order details, all are showing buyers individual emails

@bigpond,  @gmail,  etc etc.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

It's intentional: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU20-2/Email-Address-Visibility

This change appears to be rolling out in stages, as some sellers still have access to actual email addresses. Apparently if you send an email to the "member address" it will not be delivered to the buyer (I haven't been able to test this myself, as buyer email addresses are still showing for me). 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Its a graduated Roll out- mine started on Saturday! But jreally doe NOT work for sellers who use thier own My Post Business accounts, Or link items/ sales via thier website.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@puzzlem wrote:

Since I have gone onto managed payments I have been printing all my postage labels through my AU Post account and have noticed

in the last few days that the buyers email addresses are now being replaced by "ebay members" addresses.

I can think of a few reasons for that.

Any ideas??

Cheers

Can understand why ebay are doing this.   1 reason it to protect their buyers from third party mailing lists.   EG shopifty ewin etc.   As you can drag the ebay order to your shopifty store via a plug in and it bring everything across email address phone numbers etc.   FOR an ebay offsite seller it gold as allows the seller then to email market their own website and store etc and builds up a marketing list...   THIS would be 1 reason

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Isn't this going to bad for those with a Mypost account as the email address used is how they can access delivery features. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

That's true - I personally don't include email addresses on packages for eBay orders specifically to prevent delivery features from being accessed*, but it's required for parcel locker / collect addresses so occasionally I have no choice, and if notifications aren't actually forwarded to the buyer, that is going to cause multiple problems. (It's also required for international packages, so this idea just dumb, IMO). 

*An email address or phone number on a parcel label allows it to be linked to a specific My Post account, where options such as arranging safedrop (and thus overriding any SOD requirements), or redirecting a package can be made automatically. These two options are.... undesirable in conjunction with the regular MBG policies, hence why I won't include them. If Aus Post adjusted tracking events to indicate the buyer authorised safe drop, or redirected the parcel, and eBay had explicit policies surrounding these scenarios, it would be a different story, though. 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

i've noticed that from today, in my seller dashboard, or sold item details it has the ebay-generated email addresses. i use AP mypost to print labels and always put the buyers email address in for delivery notifications (not to appear on the label). 

though, if i go to 'print postage labels or invoices" then "invoice / packing slip" in the sold item on ebay - the invoice comes up with the actual email address of the buyer.

if you don't have a HUGE amount of orders to process daily or import ebay orders directly to mypost, this is a workaround to still be able to provide mypost-generated tracking details to buyers. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I don't see buyers email addresses anywhere, and haven't for a very long time.

My issue with My Post labels is that I can only import from one account. The other accounts I have to manually insert the details.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply