Priority mail 1-4 days not listed as a shipping option by Ebay in shipping? Whats best practice?

Hey there

I'm planning to use Priority stickers on my C5 letters to send my parcels a bit quicker for higher priced items.

Costs 50 cents for the priority Auspost sticker and turns my standard 1-6 day delivery into 1-4 days nation wide.

But on Ebay shipping it only has options for 1-6 days standard shipping or 1-3 days express shipping.

Shouldn't there be an option for 1-4 days? 

Should I just explain its 1-4 days shipping in my listing instead?  is that allowed?

Thank you

Matt

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Priority mail 1-4 days not listed as a shipping option by Ebay in shipping? Whats best practice?

I have done many test postings to the same address (Regular customer)  - one with priorty and one without - everytime they both arrive at the same time (once the priority arrived after the regular post) .

Rarley do I get 1-4 days delivery within WA and NEVER for eastern states addresses. You could be opening yourself to world of problems and negitive feedback if you promise 1-4 delivery. 

Just my experience. 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

That makes a lot of sense, yes your right. Customers being happy with delivery time is my top priority. Thanks for the info.

I'll probably add a priority sticker onto more expensive items as a hidden bonus for buyers.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Priority stickers can't be used for parcels, only letters, presumably C5's are ok though.

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/sending-in-australia/domestic-letters/priority-letters

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I started using priority stickers on all my C5 and C4 letters in November after Australia Post delivery delays sent my late shipment defects into a spin.  I also adjusted my handling time from 1 day to 3 days.  Since then I have not even had a "where is my item" query and no late shipment problems.  My experience is that priority stickers work a treat and I gladly pay the extra 50 cents.

However even if eBay introduced a priority letter postage option I would not select it as it would reduce the expected delivery date by at least two days and I prefer that buffer to prevent late delivery issues.  I still post every day and state this in all my listings.  Overall the feedback from buyers is "earlier than expected" deliveries

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I hope you're not putting game cases inside paper C5 envelopes without any padding, I have had way too many crushed, cracked and completely obliterated cases appear in my letterbox over the years.

My most recent victim of Australia Post was Final Fantasy 8, which ended up with a smashed front case and inner part, broken CD holder hubs and two loose discs (middle two), with disc 3 scratched to the point it couldn't even load properly in the console. Another victim was a brand new, sealed copy of Mortal Kombat Armageddon (PS2), which is no longer sealed for that reason, as I had to replace the cover and the cover slip as well since it was torn. Luckily the disc and manual weren't damaged on that occasion.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

We just made our handling time 5 days, even though we usually post same day, no late defects, and nowadays rated Top-rated seller LOL

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I ordered something a few weeks back which was supposed to arrive within 5 working days (according to Ebay). The due date passed and I got the item 2 days after that, with a Priority sticker attached. So the item actually took 7 business days from date of shipment - the seller may as well have kept his money for all the good it did him.

I still gave the seller 5 stars and said that it arrived within date as it's not his fault Aus Post are slow as pigs in mud.

I think the Priority stickers are nonsense.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

We rarely use the priority stickers on eBay, but do present them as a buyer option on etsy and our website. Perhaps 10% of buyers choose the option.
Last year we had a buyer in Perth outside the express network ask us about using express post. We advised against it because it was not going to arrive next business day, but to choose priority instead.
We received a big thank you message from the buyer when the envelope was in their letterbox in less than 48-hours after we dropped it into our local red street box here in Caboolture. We were amazed as it was very likely as quick as, if not quicker than express would have been.
So they do work sometimes.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Good advice not to send games in C5 without padding.  I did send a few out (as i'm just starting and didn't know better).  But now I'm using 1mm foam wrap around the game before putting it inside the C5.  And then putting tape over the letter so its a lot better protected and mostly water resistant.  Also bubble wrap inside the game cases to stop things moving around. 

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Thats helped me make far better shipping choices going forward.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply