Private Feedback

Why do people have private feedback and does it make yo ncomfortable as a seller?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Private Feedback

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have private feedback because I don't think it is anyone else's business but my own what I buy.

Too bad if it makes sellers uncomfortable.....why do they need to know what I buy?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

When people make me an offer and they have private feedback, it makes me feel uncomfortable and I tend to ignore their offer.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@garmenttherapy wrote:

When people make me an offer and they have private feedback, it makes me feel uncomfortable and I tend to ignore their offer.

Why??

A buyers feedback is always 100% 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You actually look at a buyer's feedback? You obviously have more time on your hands than me, I wouldn't have time to list if I wasted spent my time checking a system that at best only tells me how many items a buyer has bought from sellers who leave feedback.

I also don't have the time or patience to reply to offers, they are set to auto accept or reject.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

My feedback is private, not because i dont want anyone knowing what i buy, its that way to stop me selling on ebay, i am yet to read a post on how mobile users negotiate and use of ebays "mbg".
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@garmenttherapy wrote:

Why do people have private feedback and does it make yo ncomfortable as a seller?

At the risk of being highly unpopular, I am going to say yes. At certain times private feedback makes me not so much uncomfortable, but a little wary.

To clarify that, I don't give two hoots what buyers who purchase from me have purchased from other sellers, but that's not what feedback is, or reflects. That is, the last remaining thing that a buyer's feedback profile at least has the potential to reflect is how they conduct themselves on ebay, and making that private doesn't mean I automatically mistrust someone, or even think much of it at all, it means in the (rare) case something happens where I am prompted to look at a profile a little more in depth (which generally I don't do unless I am trying to gauge the most appropriate response to an issue), private feedback gives me nothin'.... which I mildly lament.

By and large, I do take how a buyer conducts themselves with me to be a better gauge, but even still... I have been very grateful, at times, to have been able to see certain types of practices displayed quite clearly on a buyer's profile - and just to be clear, I'm talking about the feedback a buyer has left for others.

Other times I have actually been very relieved to see that certain suspicions appear to be unfounded, by being able to look at a buyer's FB left for others and seeing nothing that would indicate frequent claims, negs over non-issues etc.

In the grand scheme of things, it makes little to no difference to how I handle a situation (in a practical sense, anyway, how I respond might be affected), but it does affect my overall impression. 

I've never blocked or ignored a buyer purely on the basis of FB being private, though. Despite all the abvove, at the end of the day I trust everyone until they give me a reason not to, and private FB isn't close to a reason for me. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply