Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

The Fastway and Aramex is one of big laying company and staff operations are so bad. I advise to stop to deal with them
Message 261 of 323
Latest reply

Apart from the fact that barnett hasn't posted on the boards in the nearly TEN years since this thread was started and hasn't even logged in for over SEVEN years, if you had read even some of the recent posts, the issue is with sellers who DON'T tell buyers that they are using Fastway.

Expect a lot more now, because Sendle is advertised heavily by eBay as a shipping method, much cheaper on first glance than AP. Sendle are a courier broker, so even the seller doesn't know until it's too late if Fastway is being used.

Message 262 of 323
Latest reply

I will make sure before ordering anything from ebay now that they are not using Fastway Couriers, absolutely terrible.

Message 263 of 323
Latest reply

Well the joy continues. My husband ordered from Harvey Norman. The idiot from The Gap (4061) didn't deliver to us. We'd seen it 'had been delivered" so my husband went down to the local newsagent where the guy normally drops his stuff. The lady told him, yep that's the normal thing. Unfortunately, no parcel. Husband called his mobile 6 times and guy continued to hang up on him. Fortunately, he had dumped it at a neighbours, no where near us btw and she brought it over the next day. The best bit was, it was supposed to be signed for. And no surprise, it wasn't. Husband complained to Harvey Norman but I doubt anything will be done and they'll continue to use them. You have no idea who will be used to deliver your parcels. You are just disheartened when you see it's fastway. Nightmare.

Message 264 of 323
Latest reply

Amazon Australia used Fastway Couriers with a recent order that I made from the .au site. (First time of ordering from .com.au rather than from .com or co.uk or .de or .fr or ... any of the others.)

I placed the order on 4th November. The item itself was in the US (but I'd worked out that the overall price was better if I ordered from the .au site rather than from the .com site). The tracking information shows as follows:

Monday, 11 November
  12:50 PM            Completed customs clearance process
                              West Melbourne, VIC AU

Thursday, 7 November
  10:23 AM            Package left the carrier facility
                              Carson, CA US
  7:31 AM             Package arrived at a carrier facility
                              Carson, CA US

Wednesday, 6 November
                      Package has shipped

Delivery was noted in the order as ❝Expected 15 Nov. 2019❞. It didn't arrive that day (a Friday), but was duly delivered on the Monday. (I think I was notified by email on the Friday that it was unlikely to be delivered that day, but I haven't kept that email.) I don't have any complaints about the delivery process, although I think that the tracking information shows an issue. Were I a dishonest person, I could claim that the parcel never arrived, since the tracking information doesn't show that it was delivered.

It's also striking, isn't it, that the parcel took 4 days to get from the US to Australia (7th to the 11th), but that it subsequently took a week to be processed and delivered by Fastway? Perhaps this demonstrates that Fastway haven't either the staff or the systems in place to carry out what they are contracted to do in the best and most effective way. I suppose it's possible that they will smarten themselves up if they're going to be involved in deliveries from Amazon.
Message 265 of 323
Latest reply

I doubt that they will smarten themselves up Countess.

Some time go Fastway poached a number of Government contracts (State and Federal) from StarTrack.....they are all back with StarTrack now and it did not take long.

Message 266 of 323
Latest reply

If my orders from Am come via StarTrack, I will be pleased.

StarTrack delivery van

Message 267 of 323
Latest reply

I am suspicious that Fastway couriers are being protected by eBay. An item which I bought on 26th Nov 2019 and was sent from Sydney on the 27th Nov was due on 6th December 2019. It arrived quietly on 11th Dec after I had complained on the 7th Dec to the vendor of the item being over due. However, when I went to give feedback I noticed that eBay were showing the delivery due date as the 19th Dec. This would be 23 days to take an item bought in Australia to travel from Sydney to Perth. Somehow eBay extended the delivery due date some 13 days past the due date. This to me is deceptive and a fraudulent practice.

Message 268 of 323
Latest reply

In all fairness, I think eBay do this regularly no matter the delivery method. Protects the sellers more. Their 'On time' stats.
Message 269 of 323
Latest reply

@manuelabour wrote:

I am suspicious that Fastway couriers are being protected by eBay. An item which I bought on 26th Nov 2019 and was sent from Sydney on the 27th Nov was due on 6th December 2019. It arrived quietly on 11th Dec after I had complained on the 7th Dec to the vendor of the item being over due. However, when I went to give feedback I noticed that eBay were showing the delivery due date as the 19th Dec. This would be 23 days to take an item bought in Australia to travel from Sydney to Perth. Somehow eBay extended the delivery due date some 13 days past the due date. This to me is deceptive and a fraudulent practice.

If the item is still listed for sale, then the date you see in the listing is the ETA date if you bought that item TODAY. EBay can't extend the ETA date on an ended listing. Active listings, the date will change daily.

Message 270 of 323
Latest reply