Proof of postage - help needed please!

Hi, I need to send proof of postage to Ebay regarding a buyer claiming she did not recieve an item, I have the postal reciept with date, time etc, but cant find out how to send to Ebay who are holding my Paypal funds.

I cannot get into the dispute on Paypal at all, as it has been "closed off" by Ebay , and when I send a general "help" email to Ebay, there is no capacity to attach the photo of the postage reciept, please can anyone help?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Proof of postage - help needed please!

Are you able to scan/photograph the receipt and attach it to an email? If you are not able to access the dispute process directly, PHONE eBay tomorrow using the Help and Contact link at the bottom of the page _ you'll have to click through seemingly endless options before you are offered the choice of a 1-time code to use to phone, or to book a call back.

Do this and talk to someone - don't email as you'll die waiting for a response.

Good luck,

Marina.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

, I have the postal reciept with date, time etc,

You will need more than that, at the very least you will need to have either the buyer's postcode on the PO receipt and a tracking number to show that the item hss been delivered.  A receipt without a postcode just shows you have posted something, it could be a pressie to your aunty Marge for her birthday for all ebay would know.

If you do not have tht level of proof you would have been better off just refunding the buyer straight away, you may then have avoided the neg yoou will almost certainly get.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks Phorum Junkie, your replies always make me laugh.

I dont know where you post your items from but PO's in WA, dont put the buyers postcode onto reciepts  ( I know, because I have asked several and they wont do it), especially when it is being sent to someone in Germany.

Also buyers wont pay for tracking and neither will I due to the high extra cost. Hardly worth it on something worth less than $20..........

Even if I did pay for a "tracking number" Ebay does not "count" Australian tracking numbers as being "proof", as apparently those numbers only track the item as far as when it leaves australia and not after that. That is what the Ebay rep told me today on the phone.

I am certainly not kowtowing down to the buyer and offering an instant refund,  as I posted the item in good faith and have paper proof of that so I know I have done the right thing my end.

Obviously, posting to Germany, ( the only thing Ive ever posted to Germany in 5 years) on the day stated, (both of which are clearly printed on my  AU postage reciept) means absolutely nothing.

Sellers beware........

None of what you said Phorum Junkie has answered my original question at all, which said I CANNOT attach a photo of the receipt through Ebay "contact us", as there is NO FACILITY for doing this.

As a postal receipt is regarded by Ebay as less than nothing, my only recourse is now to offer no international postage.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks Nevillesdaughter for your polite and helpful reply Smiley Happy

I have spoken to Ebay today and Paypal and got nowhere. I have scanned the reciept into my computer, but the Paypal dispute is "locked" saying it is an Ebay issue, and I cannot find anywhere to email Ebay the scanned receipt as when you send them an email thru "contact us" there is no facility to attach a file or photo.

Thank you for your kind reply though Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

How long ago did you post? It took me nearly 7 weeks to get a shipment to Germany.  Got stuck in customs. Thankfully my buyer was patient! 

As for attaching a receipt,  send eBay a message via the contact link. After they reply it will turn up in your email and eBay inbox. If you then reply to their reply, you can add an attachment. It's the only way I can see how to do it.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I don't know how to help with providing a copy of the receipt to ebay, but it may help to know that someone recently made a comment in the forums about several items being held up in Germany's customs dept, so the item may yet arrive.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for the advice guys, being able to send the reciept thru my own email account when Ebay replies, would be great : )

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Mail is being delayed in Germany at the moment due to strike action by postal workers.

Barrie

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

For overseas parcels you can often use the custom declaration number to track the item.  For ebay and international sales you have to provide proof of delivery, not just the proof of posting that Paypal requires for lower priced items. If you decide not to send by a method that qualifies for seller protection then you have to bite the bullet and refund without trying to fight it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply