QR code shoved in your face on every listing

Every time i look at a item listing now ebay has decided to smash a pop up page with a QR code.

How annoying..

If they gonna shove that in my face every time i look at a single listing it is gonna stop me from even looking at any listings and ill go somewhere else to buy.

If i feel like that them others will also so this will also affect  my sales..  >.<

Whoever runs ebay is crazy

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Have'nt seen it sorry

Don't know if it is because I have an ad blocker or not

Either way, personally I don't have an issue with sellers having protection for pick up items from scammer buyers

eBay honestly don't care and won't notice if you leave

It does not matter to them in the slightest, and they are very unlikely to read your post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Just randomly checking half a dozen different listings for various things from all different sellers

Not one QR code popup in sight 

There was one QR code on the home page about using the eBay app (and not a pop up at that, just an 'ad' on the actual screen)

Nothing on a single listing 

So seems something to do with you and your settings/how to use the site 

Change it if you don't like it 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I just checked a few random listings,  not a QR code in sight,  and I don't have an ad blocker.

Are you sure you don't have a virus or some other weird happening setup on your system.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I wondered the same thing. I've not seen any of these QR codes popping up either and I don't have an ad blocker.

Brickblocks, I don't think it is ebay, I think it is your device.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

No QR codes for me either.

I hope you didn't click on some link in a phishing email?

In other words... are you sure it is the real eBay site and not some site that wants to steal your data?

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

No QR codes here either. I don't have an ad blocker on this browser, because I use it to read the news page and the news page won't let you access it if you have an ad blocker.

I'm going to go that you've got a virus. Run your virus scanner. If you use Norton or McAfee, download a different one and run that. 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

At any rate... if I were you, I would change my password ASAP.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

The other option is have you signed up for one of those sites that offer to show you any discount codes available for various platforms or even retailers.

Half of them are rubbish, and do annoy as well.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Not happening here, with or without an add blocker.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply