Question about whether to open an unpaid item case or close transaction

isaaah0
Community Member

Hello, I'm relatively new to ebay (have around 40 feedback) and I recently sold an item. I allowed the item to paid via bank deposit or paypal.

Two days after the item sold I still hadn't received any form of payment and contacted the buyer via ebay message. I got frustrated and sent him two more messages which he hasn't replied to shortly after. In the ebay message it said "Order Status:Paid" with CIP. I'm assuming this is a bank deposit as the two other times I sold items the buyer paid with paypal. However, when I went to my "Sold" page, the checkout trolley was highlighted blue but there was no dollar sign or hourglass sign highlighted. Also, under "Payments" it said that I received the money in green.

It's been just over 8 days now and I'm wondering what to do now. I checked the buyer's feedback page and he had 19 stars and the top 2 feedback was about not him paying/trying to scam postage cost but the rest were good transactions. I'm super worried at this point and have no idea whether to wait it out (don't know how long bank transfer is usually supposed to take) or take some action (I wouldn't mind relisting the item at worst). I triple checked my bank details and they all match. Any response would be gladly appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@lyndal1838 wrote:

It doesn't hurt to cover all bases when trying to help new sellers no matter how obvious it may seem to experienced sellers.

I agree with that, too, but it's kinda nice to highlight the bases if it seems needed, rather than assume the player has no idea they're even playing ball...just to continue on with the analogy.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I know it will be very obvious once you tell me, but what on earth is CIP? I suck as acronyms.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Customer Initiated Payment.....also known as bank deposit Tippy.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal. I NEVER would have worked that one out!

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply