Chat with eBay staff - Seller Standards open now

67 REPLIES 67

On your post on the chat thread you said that you sell CDs and DVDs and if the buyers don't receive them then you give a refund.

Do you expect sellers to give refunds every time an item doesn't turn up?

Funny thing is that's exactly what I did when I was selling but I still got defects for refunding and then I got suspended for it.

But know ebay is ok with giving refunds with no consequences to the sellers,why wasn't this the policy 2 years ago then I'd still be selling now.

Why can't ebay go back and fix all their bad decisions and reinstate all those great sellers that got suspended?

Message 2 of 68
Latest reply

I knew there was no point in me asking my question, I already knew the answer

If only the reality was anywhere near the replies

Message 3 of 68
Latest reply

These chat sessions are certainly a big waste of time as they don't allow us members to resolve any issues because eBay are just telling us what's happening so we either love it or lump it.

I'm gona lump it from now on Woman Tongue

Message 4 of 68
Latest reply

certainly seems like a waste of time - it's a polished response which gives no real answers and is probably just to check off a KPI saying "liaised with sellers to address concerns" - without actually doing that. 

Message 5 of 68
Latest reply

My point, on the thread, was that ebay expects you to upload a tracking number.

Of course you refund (or re-send) if they didn't receive it.

Message 6 of 68
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

On your post on the chat thread you said that you sell CDs and DVDs and if the buyers don't receive them then you give a refund.

Do you expect sellers to give refunds every time an item doesn't turn up?

That's exactly what the eBay policy is if the item had no tracking,(refund or cop a defect).

Funny thing is that's exactly what I did when I was selling but I still got defects for refunding and then I got suspended for it.

Two years ago giving a full refund and choosing the "wrong" reason is why defects where given,(I believe out

of stock option was a defect,so was any seller initiated "problem" and the only one that didn't cop a defect

was if the buyer was at "fault").

Off course buyers wouldn't admit that they are or may be wrong so they refuse the buyer at fault option so

the seller got a defect.

But know ebay is ok with giving refunds with no consequences to the sellers,why wasn't this the policy 2 years ago then I'd still be selling now.

Because the buyer can't be at fault and the system is automated by the given reasons.

Why can't ebay go back and fix all their bad decisions and reinstate all those great sellers that got suspended?

There could be a few,(starting with you),good.gif

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/eBay-PayPal-pick-up-items/m-p/2079477#M157355

Message 7 of 68
Latest reply

Loud and clear message

If something goes wrong, the seller is at fault

Already knew that one 

Woman Frustrated

Message 8 of 68
Latest reply

@merfar2107 wrote:

What happened to all of the other commemts & questions that were on here?

merfar, this is only a notification thread that michelle put up.

You will find the original where it always is in Chat with eBay staff.

image host
Message 9 of 68
Latest reply

I should have also mentioned that a suspension on ebay means that all other family members are all stopped from selling on ebay also.

So ebay might as well call it a family suspension. Woman Sad

Message 10 of 68
Latest reply