Question regarding eBay links

I have a question regarding a friend's eBay store (he's not a discussion board user so I'm taking it upon myself)

He has an anchor store with close to 20,000 items listed and also has a B&M shop.

He's recently received a message from eBay asking him to remove 'links' from his listings.

Ever since he opened his stores his listings have the following in the description "this item can be picked up from Shop Name/Address Ph No."

I'm assuming that eBay, with their curtailing of outside sales, want him to remove the address and phone number.

As you cannot bulk edit descriptions, it looks like they want him to manually revise almost 20,000 listings.

My questions are whether he was doing the wrong thing in the first place (having this info displayed) and if not, is it a new policy?

Finally are there any workarounds that anyone can think of to edit this information out from his listings?

He is going to speak to eBay but I though I'd put it out there for member's comments.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can bulk edit descriptions.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If he has access to File Exchange and can tinker with CSV files you can bulk edit the decsription field from there.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It's a new policy that was in one of ebay's emails. It used to be allowed that anchor stores could have their contact details but not any more.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You can bulk edit Descriptions. I think the limit is 500 listings at a time.

I would do a Find and Replace and look for the text "this item can be picked up from Shop Name/Address Ph No." and replace it with something like "this item can be picked up from our retail store." Make sure you go into the listing description html view of one of the listings and copy the text from there so that it finds the text.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will forward on the info.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply