Quick Question about postage fee calculations?

Been away for a while and have just come back. Trying to work out the best way to list going forward.

I list trading cards, with a postage cost of $2.50 for first item, and $0.75 for each extra.

Now when y 150 odd listings finish, will I get charged fees on the $2.50 for each item, or does it wait to calculate the postage fees till after the invoice is done, or payment is made?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that's right, provided the buyer waits (assuming he gets the option to wait) for a combined invoice before paying, the fvf on postage will be on the actual amount charged.

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You will get charged for each sale,and at the end of your monthly billing cycle you will get the invoice/bill to pay it.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The FVF on postage is charged on the amount the buyer pays, so if you are combining postage, as long as the buyer waits for a combined invoice and pays the combined total, you will only pay fvf on that amount.  If you have set up your postage to add 75c for each additional item, the invoice total should automatically reflect that, but if the buyer is using their mobile, you may well find they have no option but to pay for each purchase as they make it and then you will be paying fvf on $3.50 each time.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks pennyforum.

Thats what I was hoping, but after having the most useless of conversations with someone on the Ebay chat, I was less clear then when I started.

So the listings finish,, I then combine the invoice and they calcualte the postage fee from that?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, that's right, provided the buyer waits (assuming he gets the option to wait) for a combined invoice before paying, the fvf on postage will be on the actual amount charged.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply