Quick poll... which listing method is working better for you?

Hi everyone!

Just wondering which of these listing types is working better for you since the GTC changes...

a) Auction style listing with a BIN option

b) BIN listing with a Best Offer option

c) Something else...?

I've had my first three sales in ages using method A, but I don't think I list/sell enough at the moment to know for sure. I prefer the "set and forget" style of method B (as I have young kids and therefore no spare time!) but I obviously want to sell stuff sooner rather than later! Smiley LOL

Thanks in advance for your input 🙂

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

c) BIN.

I don't do auctions and I know what my stock is worth, so I don't do 'best' offer.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

c) Auction or BIN with no options
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

X - there is no rhyme nor rythm with ebay, my main account that would average 8-12 sales per month  has only sold one to date, however due to ebay changes and having to create new seller accounts I'm sitting at 8 sales across multiple accounts using both methods.  Only upside is, is that the new a/c's get the $1 weekend promo, so at least I'm saving on fees, but got to wonder if the extra work of logging into and checking each a/c is worth it!  Bring back the FREE relists for 30 day BIN in my opinion, but Ebay won't listen, nor give a **bleep**e!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

c) - Selling stuff that no-one else sells.

Its not so much the selling method as what people sell. If you are selling generic, commonly available items such as childrens shoes and slippers or Game of Thrones memorabilia you are competing against thousand of other sellers with near identical items. How do you make your item stand out from all of the others and get your item onto the first page or two of searches where it is actually seen ? 

Answer .............Dont know and I doubt that many others do either. 

If you are selling items that no-one else or very few other sellers have, you are almost gauranteed to get your item on the first page and possibly in the first few items shown to potential buyers. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

BIN - without best offer. I also prefer BIN as a buyer. 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

b) BIN listings - sometimes with a best offer / sometimes not

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

My stock has a mix of BIN and BIN plus best offer.

Generally, I entertain best offers for items I can easily replace or just want to see the end of them.

Auctions I now do only occassionally when I have a rare item that has great demand. Previously I offered many more at auction but the number of bidders declined dramatically some years ago.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply