Quick question about FVF reimbursement by Ebay

Hi everyone, I only sell unwanted items around the house occasionally and reluctantly signed up for Ebay Managed Payments about a month ago after they emailed me that if I don't sign up, I might get restricted to sell.

Prior to signing up,  I sold a set of used cookware and accessories and posted it to the buyer. The buyer claimed one of the accessory items arrived damaged and returned the whole set through Ebay's money back guarantee. I accepted the return and refunded the buyer 2 weeks ago after I received the items back. The refund itself finally went through to the buyer last Monday. Ebay then contacted me that day that they will reimburse me the final value fee but it's been a week and I still haven't got it.

This is my first return and refund issue I had to deal with since I joined Ebay in 2007. For those who are on Ebay Managed Payments and have had to refund a buyer, how long as it taken to receive your FVF?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Before MP then as usual the fee credit will take upto 30 days and will go to the payment method used to pay the fees.

All good kat going gang busters haha receiving funds weekly on tuesdays come on tues haha.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Pretty sure they release funds on a daily/weekly basis that you would have agreed to when you signed up, so I assume it will be the same with a refund for fee's.

Don't forget it will be business days, so don't count the weekend.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Since you're on MP the FVFs may already be in the credit balance

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Think they sold before the MP, will that make a difference?

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks katistrophik.
I get daily payouts so nothing has come through yet. It's been 5 business days so far. Hopefully it will show up tomorrow

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Edit: Just re-read the situation and this probably doesn't apply; will leave as is in case it helps someone else looking for a similar answer.

I think it's provided when you refund - as an example, let's just say the refund was for $25 and the fees you were charged were $2.50.

Instead of refunding the buyer $25 from your funds, and then eBay refunding you $2.50, they take $22.50 from you, and refund the buyer the remaining $2.50 themselves, so you only pay out what you actually received. 

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

No my credit balance in Payments is $0

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Before MP then as usual the fee credit will take upto 30 days and will go to the payment method used to pay the fees.

All good kat going gang busters haha receiving funds weekly on tuesdays come on tues haha.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Yeah I sold the items 2 days before I signed up to MP. So I have no idea if that makes a difference. I did however just received my March Invoice, which I'm assuming relates to fees before signing up to MP. It's very confusing!

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Oh ok, thanks anyway digital!

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply