Rampant Shilling That eBay Ignores

Does eBay ignore traders who shill ?

It took me 10 MINUTES with ZERO system access to identify a trader who (I suspect) has placed 170 shill bids in the last 30 days all for items worth a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. ... yet eBay doesn't look or turns a blind eye or doesn't want to know. After all ... it makes eBay more money ... why would they want to stop it ???

In fact ... it is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to report it, when you try.

Does anyone care at eBay ... do buyers care they are being ripped off by a licensed dealer ???

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Rampant Shilling That eBay Ignores

I will GLADLY supply all the information I have on this to anyone who, first,  identifies who they are and what part they play in the resolution/investigation of this issue.

And you are ???

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

@warehouseclearers wrote:

Who is "us" .... please identify yourself.

That would be the professional way to conduct an information request.

LOL.

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

The professional way for you would be to read the Community Guidelines.

All we are asking for is one item # in order to help.

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

You claim you have evidence,   why are you scared of providing an item number?  Or maybe you h=are just blowing of steam because you missed out on an auction.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

Since my original post, I have learnt the eBay way to resolve this issue, which I will pursue in the way eBay has documented and wants it done.

Thanks to the "community" for your help which has ranged from useful to ridicule. This has been a learning process in many ways.

If that amuses you domino-710, then you must get a lot of laughs in here.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks sugar249 ... I have the sellers actual personal details ... not evidence. Read what was previously written about proof if you wish to come up to speed.

I won't provide that info to random anonymous people and post it in a public forum just because they ask. I will conduct this as (I have learnt) eBay wants it done.

How do you know I'm scared ? What power do you possess to "know" this ? 

And same question re "blowing off steam" ?

And why am I even replying to you ???? (Rhetorical)

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

The community guidelines prevent the publishing of personal details.

We don't know who you are... and that is fine.

One item # would enable us to confirm your suspicions.

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

@warehouseclearers wrote:

I will conduct this as (I have learnt) eBay wants it done.

lol... eBay told you what you wanted hear.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

Why are you even replying? Diety knows, none of us do.

Why did you ask your question when you are only going to get responses from anonymous people, ie board members with a grasp of how eBay works? Diety knows. I don't, and given your lack of willingness to provide even a hint of proof, none of 'us', board members, can have a chance of knowing.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

The Community Guidelines actually state:
No naming and shaming. We will not tolerate posting member details or listing information for the purpose of shaming another member.  Additionally, a members’ ID or contact information may not be published.  Any posts containing such information will be edited or removed.

As the OP has now established the appropriate method of alerting eBay to the activity described, this thread will be locked to further comment.

eBay Moderation Team

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply