Re checkout and two or more items.

Hi

Ive been selling on Ebay for 2 months now....Ive just had an Ebayer want to buy 2 items - however wanted me to change the invoice for the postage. I told her to buy them then I would change the invoice before paying. She said when she purchased the first item it took her straight to paypal...to pay for the item.  she ended up paying the full postage because we couldnt work it out-then I refunded her the difference. Is this normal....or is their a tab - continue shopping Etc....appreciate any feedback at all......Thanks Jo ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Re checkout and two or more items.

you probably have immediate payment required in your listings ticked which you will need to fix. when you create your listing under where your paypal address is there is a box untick it.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You can check that you don't have the box for Immediate Payment Required ticked in your listing (it's directly under the PayPal address).

Your buyer was most likely using the eBay app on a mobile device and the only option was to pay separately.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you - thats great!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

OH....went and checked my listings and the box is def - not ticked??? Had a look at a couple of listings -as well as the ones purchased- not checked.??? The plot thickens.............

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

well then if that is not ticked it must be at the buyers end. perhaps they are using the ebay app ?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

A couple of weeks ago this happened to me. The buyer bought and paid for two items separately (which costs 2 x PayPal base fees of $0.30 each). It actually turned out OK because, with the combined weight, it ended up better to send the items separately, which I did. I had always had the 'combined invoice' option in place, however, so I checked out my preferences. eBay had reverted this back to disallowing combined invoices because they must have been mucking around with the programming of this stuff recently. It's annoying when you just find out one day! Just l like the time when I didn't realise that my listings were displaying to the whole world when, at a previous time, I had selected 'Australia Only'.

Go to Account > Site Preferences > Postage Preferences (show) > Offer combined payments and postage (Edit) > Change to 'Yes'.

Mine had magically reverted to 'No'. Hmmm...

Hope that helps you!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply