Received A Phone Call From eBay on "How To Create Effective Listings On eBay"

Hi All

I just received a phone call from eBay on How To Create Effective Listings On eBay. I was very polite and in the end I was rewarded...

Yes Rewarded... I have a Feature Store so as I can get the 400 Free listings.. The person I was talking to Marlon told me he has given me my Feature Store starting today for Free for the next 6 months. I will wait and see on my next invoice.. Has anyone else had this?

Thank You

Paddy

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Are you positive it was from ebay?

Since when does ebay call you first?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Are you positive it was from ebay?

Since when does ebay call you first?

My thoughts exactly.

I'd be giving them a call back - verify  this.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I have a Feature Store so as I can get the 400 Free listings.

???  400 free listings

Featured Stores get 500 listings

Hope you didn't 'verify' any of your passwords with them

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Almost too good to be true

Are you sure it was really ebay and not a scam artist? 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I never had to give any passwords or click on any links I might just phone ebay and ask if this was a true call. The Phone call came from Sydney to my mobile.

Paddy

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

First thing I'd be doing is ringing that Sydney number back and finding out if they answer 'Good Afternoon eBay Australia'.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ok I phones eBay 1800 number and yes it was a real call from eBay. I also phoned the Sydney number and it was answered with the Message Welcome to eBay Australia Marketing Please listen to the options ect. So yes it was for real.

This is a copy of the message I received yesterday.

Hi Paddy (1997crows1998),

My name is Marlon and Iโ€™d like to talk to you about how to become an effective eBay seller.  Iโ€™ll start off with some topics below.  Please read through and Iโ€™ll be ringing you on Friday between 9AM to 4:30PM, AEST.

We have over 8 million unique visitors to eBay every month โ€“ these savvy eBay shoppers know exactly what they want. So how do you make sure they find your products?

Best Match โ€“ eBayโ€™s Search Algorithm

Best Match determines where a listing/item is displayed on the search results page. Best Match is the default search option for buyers and it searches titles and item specifics.

Here are the ways you can improve your findability in search

รพ Listing Titles

ยท         Titles with more than 60 characters are 1.5 times more likely to sell

ยท         State exactly what the item is, use non-technical language and include item specifics

Suggestion:

โ€œNEWโ€[Brand][Product Name][Model No.][Variants โ€“ Size, colour][Additional Keywords]

Eg. NEW LG Refrigerator GR-D907SL 907 Litre French Door Fridge Freezer

รพ Item Specifics

ยท         Buyers also use item specifics to refine their search using the navigation tool on the left-hand of the site

Suggestion:

Include the Universal Product Code (UPC), EAN or ISBN. UPCs enable your listings to appear in Google Product Listing Ads that eBay pays for . You can also look up UPCs or EANs at the Internet UPC Database (http://www.upcdatabase.com/)

Need more information?

1. Review the attached guide โ€œListing Optimisation on eBayโ€
  2. Check out the Seller Centre (http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/selling-on-ebay/creating-effective-listings)

Please contact eBay Customer Service (http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cuhome/from_ocs/1?) with any questions or for scaling and optimisation and a member of our team will reach you directly.

Thank you for your time and good luck!

Kind regards,

Thank You All for your concern but it does seem real..

Paddy

eBay

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Done that and it seems it is for real. Also verified with the 1800 Number and again all seem for real.

Paddy

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

you will see under your selling page on the bottom if you have 500 free items

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply