Recent increases in Australian seller's listing fees.

As from the 1st of May 2013, Australia ebay now outsourced to the Philippines for cheap labour have increased Australian seller's listing fees by a massive 200%.

Then if that was not enough greed by feebay they also increased the amount of money they take when an Australian seller sells an item.

This is nothing but sheer, odious, contemptible greed by feebay.

Why is ebay discriminating against Australian sellers?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

My store fees went down, my listing fees stayed the same, my FVF went down. Plus I get free listings that I didn't before.

I don't feel discriminated against.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

The changes have been devastating for A LOT OF SELLERS ! It's not even been good for the site as a whole. Slapping a 30% mandatory markup on all auctions to list a buy it now price has only made the site expensive - quality items are very expensive now on eBay. I make more sales from disgruntled buyers via phone and I have been shocked by the things people have been telling me. The high fees are also making items expensive overall. 

They must be in panic mode. I was made Power Seller today yet I made only 4 sales in the last 2 months - go figure. eBay didn't even have the courtesy of sending me an email to tell me. Par for the course - they are shockers. No business acumen whatsoever. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

--

I was made Power Seller today yet I made only 4 sales in the last 2 months - go figure. eBay didn't even have the courtesy of sending me an email to tell me. Par for the course - they are shockers. No business acumen whatsoever. 

ebay didnt make you PS, you made it yourself by way of your sales, and ebay presume serious sellers check their Dashboard monthly after their evaluation date to see how their account is going.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

What fee increase? I only sell from Nov to April but based on last sessions figures if I list and sell the same number of items next session my total fees will be a fair bit lower. That applies over all three of my selling ids which sell in different formats.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Slapping a 30% mandatory markup on all auctions to list a buy it now price has only made the site expensive

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about this. A few points -

Buy It Now (BIN) disappears as soon as a bid is placed. So it is irrelevant if there is a market for the auction. If somebody doesn't want to risk not winning within their budget and the BIN is within said budget, they have the option of securing the item at a price they are prepared to pay. Otherwise they bid and take their chances.

However, I have never understood the point of the exercise. If the item is worth BIN or more, buy. If not, put in the minimum acceptable bid to kill the BIN option.

Admittedly, I have ONE item for auction atm. With a BIN over 3 times the start price. The BIN is what it's worth, the ASP is what I will take for a quick sale.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Incidentally the Australian ebay call centre has been primarily based  in the Philippines for many years.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

So that's why their holiday resort for naughty members is called Ebali. ๐Ÿ˜‰

TCT
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Bali is in Indonesia, Trev. A different ocean.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I got confused but would be a cheap place for ebay to exploit.

TCT
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply