Recent increases in Australian seller's listing fees.

As from the 1st of May 2013, Australia ebay now outsourced to the Philippines for cheap labour have increased Australian seller's listing fees by a massive 200%.

Then if that was not enough greed by feebay they also increased the amount of money they take when an Australian seller sells an item.

This is nothing but sheer, odious, contemptible greed by feebay.

Why is ebay discriminating against Australian sellers?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Recent increases in Australian seller's listing fees.

However, I have never understood the point of the exercise. If the item is worth BIN or more, buy. If not, put in the minimum acceptable bid to kill the BIN option.

That is exactly the point; people look at the item, put it on their watch list to snipe later on, then they move on and may find something else, never to come back.  If there is BIN and they think, what if somebody snatches it before the auction ends?  And they may place a bid and stop looking.  But if the BIN is so ridiculously high they are more likely to take the chance to wait before bidding.

I list some items at the price I would be just OK about, others at price that would make me a nice profit, with the same BIN that is my dream price.  Lets say something that I would really want to get a minimum $260, I would list at $260 with BIN $300.  If it does not sell and I want to get rid of it I might drop the price to $230 and BIN $300.  Now, with having to go 30% higher than the starting price the BIN is getting quite ridiculous. 

But saying that, I just sold one item with only short time to go for the extraordinary BIN.  🙂  So, I am about $70 better off than if I was free to determine my BIN price.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Goodness me, wonders never cease.... I agree with you Super, the 30% higher BIN requirement on auctions is driving BINs up to levels that are very, very unsatisfactory  IMO.

Might be great if you get a random sale here or there, but ebays edict now artificially inflates the price, and that is real market interference as far as I am concerned X-(  

Ebay, host the site, fix the broken links, improve the feedback system, deal with non-paying pests, train your staff, educate new sellers and buyers and leave sellers and their respective  markets to determine the price thank you very much.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Well said. Thank you.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

leave sellers and their respective  markets to determine the price thank you very much.

Yes! Absolutely. Well said, Cats.

Don't blame me. I didn't vote him in ...
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply