Refund button not working

Is it just me  or is the Refund button not working and thru ebays return procedure. For me it just refreshes the screen, across different browsers, after clearing cache, from different physical locations i still get the same result...

I have to get ebay to step in each time to get them to refund on my behalf, this is driving me nuts ! 

On another note Fastway Sucks !

any reply would be great, even if it is a derogatory remark against fastway 

cherio sellers 

Manuel 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Refund button not working

@hq_apparel wrote:

So i was only really concened with the refund button, not working, im not the only one as there are other threads on google with the same issue. No clear result here but here is a lot of hostility going on. 

I said fastway sucks, doesnt mean i dont use them , we send over 40 parcels a day with them, YOU know what really sucks this election !!

but thats for another day 

thanks 

recommend prosac to a few of you 

to your OP when you say refund what do you mean. If you mean cancel a sale I just cancelled one about 30 minutes a go and had no problem.

Also would be interested in hearing what problem you had with fastway I am considering using them more and would appreciate hearing your experiences with them. I am thinking of using the satchels they have and just buying 20 at a time so I am not locked in to start with.

PS I will take a couple of prozac if they are still on offer Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You actually did ask for remarks about Fastway in the OP.

@hq_apparel wrote:

On another note Fastway Sucks !

any reply would be great, even if it is a derogatory remark against fastway 

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I've used Fastway twice now.  Both times did not go as they should have.  First time - parcel picked up (eventually) going from Melb to Country Vic.  Was assured that it would still get there by Friday PM - delivered following Tuesday.  Second time - took 2 days for pick up.  I consider their company name to be the biggest misnomer of all time.

Startrack - I've used them a few times now.  Absolutely no problems at all.  Pick up on schedule, and delivered from Vic to WA in 2 days.  Happy me, and ecstatic buyer.

I now go through Pack and Send on line service.  Couriers Please pick up and deliver.  Recent Vic to ACT - pick up Tuesday, delivered to ACT on Thursday.  3kg parcel, $13.51 (AP roughly around $26.00).  Buyer very happy about speed and cost savings.

Aust Post - well what can we all say about good ol' Aust Post.  Must admit generally I've had no problems, until recently. Parcel going to WA that ended up in the Dead Letter Office 4 days after I posted it (damaged by AP), and even with all the phone calls, complaining on their FB page, etc., did not leave the DLO very quickly, then seemed to sit at Sunshine West for more than the desired time, only to finally turn up in WA 15 days after initial posting.  Oh, and another parcel turned up for my buyer earlier (not from me), but with my address label on it, and another label for a Vic address. 

Given AP's 'who cares' attitude these days, I will go with courier every time, as long as my buyer is happy with that.  Faster, cheaper, and safer than anything AP can do.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@5kazam2 wrote:

I've used Fastway twice now.  Both times did not go as they should have.  First time - parcel picked up (eventually) going from Melb to Country Vic.  Was assured that it would still get there by Friday PM - delivered following Tuesday.  Second time - took 2 days for pick up.  I consider their company name to be the biggest misnomer of all time.

Startrack - I've used them a few times now.  Absolutely no problems at all.  Pick up on schedule, and delivered from Vic to WA in 2 days.  Happy me, and ecstatic buyer.

I now go through Pack and Send on line service.  Couriers Please pick up and deliver.  Recent Vic to ACT - pick up Tuesday, delivered to ACT on Thursday.  3kg parcel, $13.51 (AP roughly around $26.00).  Buyer very happy about speed and cost savings.

Aust Post - well what can we all say about good ol' Aust Post.  Must admit generally I've had no problems, until recently. Parcel going to WA that ended up in the Dead Letter Office 4 days after I posted it (damaged by AP), and even with all the phone calls, complaining on their FB page, etc., did not leave the DLO very quickly, then seemed to sit at Sunshine West for more than the desired time, only to finally turn up in WA 15 days after initial posting.  Oh, and another parcel turned up for my buyer earlier (not from me), but with my address label on it, and another label for a Vic address. 

Given AP's 'who cares' attitude these days, I will go with courier every time, as long as my buyer is happy with that.  Faster, cheaper, and safer than anything AP can do.

I have sent about 15 parcel, with fastway, so far and no problems yet. Not worried about pick ups I have the number of one of the fastway drivers so I can get 2 pick ups a day if needed, as I say so far deliveries been good but still early yet. I am using sendle (atm but thinking of changing) and most of my parcels have been with Couriers Please and only had 1 problem and that was the reverse of my main AP problem and they would not leave a parcel for a buyer even though they and given ATL because they deemed the premises unsafe after 4 attempts to deliver I got them to just return it to me and I am resending this one down by AusPost now. AusPost has taken a dive lately sort of glad as it pushed me to stop being lazy and look at alternitives.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. I'd like to remind you that off-topic and interpersonal posting is not allowed here. Please read the policy here:http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/everyone-boards.html  Thanks. 🙂

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I agree Fastway does suck OP.

So does Star Track  ... BIG TIME .... check out this review page ... http://www.productreview.com.au/p/star-track-express.html

*sigh* Aust Post... don't get me started Cat Sad

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

As we deal in apparel, we get a lot of returns as we have an open 30 day policy for exchange, for some its not quite the right fit, and were happy to exchange or refund. When our customers use the returns process in ebay it goes thru the usual steps of confirming parcel sent by buyer , recieved by seller , then theu to refund by seller,. Its at that stage that at the refund page the button " refund buyer now" when pressed simply reloads the page. The trouble we found is that if we dont get ebay to step in and refund on our behalf it could lapse past the due date then it becomes a negative against us. 

if we go ahead and try to skip this step and refund any other way then when the due date lapses thru the retruns process ebay still refunds the amount, so the customer has recieved the refund twice.

we have tried mutiple machines, across different browsers, even using proxy servers, thats my dilemma 

On the fastway story heres our conclusion, if we just use them for metro sydney, metro melbournbe, gold caost and metro brisbane then we get an ok service, no real issues, Dont use them for WA, SA TAS NT, service is too long and unreliable, or apartments or villas where you think access might be a problem because they will just leave it exposed somewhere. switch over to Aust Post for that,  If your going to use them for sydney metro $ 5.15 any size parcel its a great service but i would get the signature required option for an extra $1.50 for peace of mind.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@hq_apparel wrote:

As we deal in apparel, we get a lot of returns as we have an open 30 day policy for exchange, for some its not quite the right fit, and were happy to exchange or refund. When our customers use the returns process in ebay it goes thru the usual steps of confirming parcel sent by buyer , recieved by seller , then theu to refund by seller,. Its at that stage that at the refund page the button " refund buyer now" when pressed simply reloads the page. The trouble we found is that if we dont get ebay to step in and refund on our behalf it could lapse past the due date then it becomes a negative against us. 

if we go ahead and try to skip this step and refund any other way then when the due date lapses thru the retruns process ebay still refunds the amount, so the customer has recieved the refund twice.

we have tried mutiple machines, across different browsers, even using proxy servers, thats my dilemma 

On the fastway story heres our conclusion, if we just use them for metro sydney, metro melbournbe, gold caost and metro brisbane then we get an ok service, no real issues, Dont use them for WA, SA TAS NT, service is too long and unreliable, or apartments or villas where you think access might be a problem because they will just leave it exposed somewhere. switch over to Aust Post for that,  If your going to use them for sydney metro $ 5.15 any size parcel its a great service but i would get the signature required option for an extra $1.50 for peace of mind.

I do not have the volume to get the same discounts as you so I think what I will do is just use the satchels which are a good price and just checked, with the driver, they include SoD. Just waiting to hear back about printing labels I am not hand writing them 🙂

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply