Dymo 4xl printer and ebay shipping labels

I purchased a dymo 4xl which works great for courier labels but I could not get working for the Ebay AusPost labels it cuts of half of the bar code

I did a search and basically all I could find was a few threads which where usefully posted in here and the solution put there was you need to print at 90% size not sure if it is because I have windows 10,my settings or I was missing something but I could not find a place to set it to 90%

After a bit of messing around I found a solution:

First download the label to your computer, as a .pdf,  then go to a site like:

http://croppdf.com/

upload the .pdf and this will remove all the white space you can then print the label with no problems

There may be a better way and if anyone knows one please put it this will just give anyone searching for a solution in the future and way to at least get started until they find a better way

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@thesoulyearns wrote:

This thread may help: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Does-anyone-use-Dymo-4xl-to-print-parcel-post-labels-from-e...

That is one of the threads I read but sadly it does not say how to reduce the printing to 90% and a couple of other asked so had the same problem. Not sure if it is because of using windows 10 or maybe a setting in printer. Hopefully someone can explain but cropping the .pdf file is a work around for those, like me, who can not work out how to reduce it to 90%

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

you can reduce it to 90% if you use ie browser , dont use chorme or firefox ,

hope this helps 

we use it all day 

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

@hq_apparel wrote:

hope this helps 

we use it all day 

Thank you that makes sense I will try that out. What browser do you use? I currently use chrome but will be happy to cahnge if it makes life easier

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@hq_apparel wrote:

hope this helps 

we use it all day 

Thank you that makes sense I will try that out. What browser do you use? I currently use chrome but will be happy to cahnge if it makes life easier

Which part of ie was confusing?

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@hq_apparel wrote:

hope this helps 

we use it all day 

Which part of ie was confusing?

Well done the first dig,  in 7 months,  that actually was even close to a dig. Maybe I should not mention I suffer from mild dyslexia and left school at the age of 11 years old, due to family problems, so missing something like ie is very easy for me to do even after you said it I have to read it a few time before seeing it. I can not believe I showed you up so much, 7 months, a go your still trying to have a dig but well done you managed to get a SMALL one in even if it is just really taking advantage of a disability I have at least you got it thought it was going to take over a year.  

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Nice one dave and those that kudoed.  So clever and funny!   So right, again!!  Hey, did anyone read in the OP that they use WIndows 10?

Anyway the little ie not IE looked like a typo to me, I missed it too. 

I'm off back to facebook.  Much nicer place over there

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I find it bizarre that you gave a kudos to a post that you seem to consider a dig ?   

Do you get mixed up with your IDs ?   I am genuinely confused as to what you bang on bout sometimes?

Clarification would be appreciated in the context of Dymo printer and eBay shipping labels of course Cat Happy

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

A bit lame coming up with disabilities after you have been caught out.

It is not a good idea to play the disablity card, especially with me. Been there, done that. Totally irrelevant.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply