Refunds

I had a buyer but got given the wrong email to pay when i found out told her then made 30 phone calls and email to her and paypal and ebay in the end long time between email asked did she wish a refund we thought it better gave back in 10 min now she gave me bad feed back never happen befor even said would post for free said wanted money back said sorry 20 times but it was ebays fault not mine
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Refunds

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I don't really understand your problem.   What do you mean you were given the wrong email to pay?

If you cancelled the transaction as soon as the buyer paidit is hardly surprising that you were given a negative.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Refunds

No 18 months ago i changed with ebay on line and phone but someway it whent to the old email after a lot of sales the old one come back again i did every thing i could but in the end ebay and paypal and buyer told me to refund
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Refunds

As i said i did make 30 phone calls and texts to buyer many times over she still left bad feed back iv never had before
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Refunds

It sounds like you relisted from unsold on an old listing, many times. In which case....

eBay can't do anything if the payment was made to the wrong Paypal account. Paypal MIGHT. The easiest way is to not deactivate old email accounts in Paypal until you are absolutely sure there is no chance of a payment being made to them. As you can attach 8 email accounts to one Paypal account, I would suggest never as a reasonable timeframe.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Refunds

I have done that now
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Refunds

I did think the old email was taken out as i have sold other things but some how to old email come up again
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Refunds

@12runaways, I'm glad you have sorted it out.

It is very easy to miss the PayPal address in old listings, I believe. It could be a better idea to create a new draft listing from scratch, double-checking as you go...

... but as davewil said, you can include multiple email addresses in one PayPal account, so it does make sense not to remove old email addresses - even years later.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Refunds

I did but ebay computer didnt what has got me i spent 9hours with ebay paypal and the buyer try to get it right we all thought it would be best to cancell and she got her refund with 2min when she said cancell as soon as she got her money she blocked me Oh well thats happend So
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Refunds

If you gave the buyer the wrong email, then it has nothing to do with the buyer. Why did you call them 30 times? I'd give you a negative just for those 30 calls.

If you (or ebay) made a mistake, you have to fix it yourself, don't involve the buyer, let alone harassing (Yes! Making 30 calls is a harassment) them with 30 calls.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply