Remorse return with the reason "Doesn't match description or photos"

Can any sellers with the same experience give us some advises on how to handle this situation?

We have a remorse return, however the buyer claimed the return with the reason "Doesn't match description or photos", under which eBay's options for us are

1. Accept the return and send buyer a return shipping label
  2. Issue a full refund and buyer keeps the item
  3. Issue a partial refund and the buyer keeps the item
  4. Contact buyer

The products we selling are sealed and will incur some costs on change of mind returns if the item is opened and used. Our return ploicy also requires buyer to pay the return postage. So apparently none of the above options we can proceed except Contact buyer. Buyer admitted it's a change of mind, and unable to provide any evidence to prove the item doesn't match description or photos.

eBay stepped in and issued a full refund to the buyer and we haven't received the item back. Even if we received the item back, how can we issue a partial refund after that?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Remorse return with the reason "Doesn't match description or photos"

@davewil1964 wrote:

We are getting old.

However, the term is not inapt. Evolution is essentially improvement/change through trial and error. eBay have certainly got the last bit down pat.

True, evolution is change over time, but I still don't like the way the ebay department has used it in a sentence.

They could say their finely honed skills at detecting fraud have evolved over time to levels other sites can only dream aboutSmiley Very Happy

But.. I still don't like 'evolved a process'.

I suspect they are trying to dazzle us with their spiel, rather than their actual actions.Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

We are getting old.

However, the term is not inapt. Evolution is essentially improvement/change through trial and error. eBay have certainly got the last bit down pat.

True, evolution is change over time, but I still don't like the way the ebay department has used it in a sentence.

They could say their finely honed skills at detecting fraud have evolved over time to levels other sites can only dream aboutSmiley Very Happy

But.. I still don't like 'evolved a process'.

I suspect they are trying to dazzle us with their spiel, rather than their actual actions.Smiley Wink

I have no doubt of that at all. They obviously spend more on kids finding the current buzzwords than they do on the IT kids. But that seems to be the way of modern business - form, disregarding function.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

If I were nodding any harder in agreement, my head would fall off. (I wonder if there's a treatment for that, too.)

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Try a nodding-diseaseiologist?

Or superglue

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

You fiend. Now I can't open my flip-top head.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply