Reply with Offer feature is seriously broken

It looks like eBay have tried to change the Offer function but it is not fully functioning.

The Help content and the help desk agents are indicating that you can only use Reply with Offer if Best Offer has been enabled on a listing. This is clearly not how it used to be, and in fact the option to Reply with Offer is available when replying to a message on listings that do not have Best Offer enabled, and you can enter the offer price and a message and the Send button is active, but when the button is pressed, nothing happens.

I have tried this in 2 different browsers with the same result. But I know if used to work.

So the Reply with Offer button should NOT be active if the listing is not able to have offers sent.

Crazy.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

As far as I'm aware unless the seller has "Best Offer" enabled on a BIN listing then a buyer should not be making an offer to the seller.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144&st=2...

However, on the US site there's this, which may only be relevant to the US site and not the Australian site.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144

The relevant part is this bit.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Well that could get curly.  'Reply with offer'

If people want to buy 10 or 20 of something and would like a discount - that's fair enough,

they should get a discount.

If it's gone, I hope it's temporary.

It's certainly not selling 'off' ebay

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

Well that could get curly.  'Reply with offer'

If people want to buy 10 or 20 of something and would like a discount - that's fair enough,

they should get a discount.

If it's gone, I hope it's temporary.

It's certainly not selling 'off' ebay

It's Friday.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I don't know if this applies in your specific cases, but the reply with offer function only works once with any given listing and buyer, even if they send a new message and the button appears.

I found this out early on with a regular customer who liked to buy in bulk - she asked some time after I had used the feature, via the original message chain, if she could repeat the order, but the button wasn't there so I asked her to send a new message via the listing. The button appeared, but when I tried to use it I got an error message that said the buyer had already exceeded the number of offers they could make, which was not wholly applicable, but still prevented the offer from being sent. I was able to use the function via other listings they enquired about, but only ever once. (The error message is obviously something happening rather than nothing, but I thought I'd mention it as I no longer use this feature and thought that could be the issue even if it doesn't take you through to an error screen anymore. These days I just find it easier and more consistent to make a custom listing and relist it if / when a buyer wants to repeat the order). 

If it's not Friday gremlins and they're making changes to how it works, I hope it's to make it so that a new offer can be made to a repeat buyer. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I used this feature yesterday without problems and buyer was able to accept offer & forward payment. I dont have " best offer " on any of my listings, I was just replying to an offer made through the " contact seller " messaging facility. maybe just a Friday glitch ???

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply