Return Policy

Hello - Can any one confirm me below statement is true

"

however for such cases it is our policy for the sellers to bear the loss when an item is received damaged.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Return Policy

Screenshot 2021-07-20 104540.png

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

eBay will always side with the buyer in such a case, citing that inadequate packaging was used. AP itself states that packaging must be able to withstand a 20Kg weight dropped on it from waist height. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

As far as I know, that has always been the case.  See    # 5  below.

Selling practices policy overview

Setting clear buyer expectations and then meeting or exceeding them is a great way to make your buyer happy and ensure a smooth transaction.

Some of the simplest things you can do are to provide accurate and consistent details about your items and to be clear and specific about the terms and conditions of the sale. You should also make every effort to provide excellent customer service from start to finish, including:

• Charging reasonable postage and handling costs
  • Specifying your handling time and return policy in your listing
  • Responding to buyers' questions promptly
  • Being professional throughout the transaction
  • Making sure the item is delivered to the buyer as described in your listing
  • Frequently reviewing and updating listings to make sure all information – such as inventory status and item condition – is accurate and up to date
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If you sent something that was damaged in the post, then I'd say the answer to that is yes, ebay would make the seller bear the loss if a buyer opened a claim for 'not as described.'  If the buyer supplied photos etc it would be almost a sure thing they would win the claim, I would think.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Why should the buyer bear the cost of a damaged item, 

it was either damaged by you before packaging,  badly packaged and damaged in transit,  or even if well packaged and damaged by Australia Post the contract with Australia post is between the seller and Australia Post.  

So the buyer should expect an undamaged item or a full refund.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply