Return showing item delivered but I have not received it.

Hello people,

I'm dealing with my first return and I'm finding it really frustrating. I have a buyer who requested a return because the earrings did not suit her, I have a no returns policy but decided to go with it. So finally she opened a return, which I accepted. Then because there was no progress on the return I contacted her by email two nights in a row to remind her to action it before the deadline. So I emailed her a bit after 6 pm last night to remind her there had been no progress and this morning I go in to check progress and have been told a tracking number has been added and the item has been delivered and I need to refund now (delivered to inbox 7pm yesterday). Well, it hasn't been delivered and I cannot see the tracking number so now what?

Now I know she may have posted the item days before she entered the details, but the last advice I have received from the buyer was that she was posting it back Tuesday, so considering the distance and its interstate how could it possibly be back to me in 24 hours, even with express post it would be a struggle, and why would she. In any case, I don't have it and don't know why I cannot see the tracking number.

I know the answer is probably to contact eBay but I'd love to learn something here from the more experienced.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Return showing item delivered but I have not received it.

Well until someone else comes along for you, my advice is definitely do not refund.     And you're right, in the end it might mean contacting ebay.    But a tracking number that doesn't show up?   that's really sus.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply