Returns and Exchanges

I have had a couple of customers recently using the return system for exchanges.

Example: We sent a customer the incorrect pair of shoes, they opened a return request, we agreed to exchange and refund the return postage, so far so good.

We recieve the shoes and mark the return as 'item delivered'. Now however the only option is to refund the buyer. As we have agreed to an exchange that option is not applicable.

How do I go about closing the return request? Does the buyer have to do it? There is no disagreement and both parties are satisfied, I just want to get the return closed. Or do I have to contact eBay to do it?

Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Returns and Exchanges

Can you mark posted again?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

here's my notes on avoiding a defect - from a previous post by another seller

Don't click on Accept Return but use Send Response instead.

If ever they will open a return request and you are willing to send a replacement, please don’t click on “Accept return”. Just click “Send response” and resolve the issues through open communication. Once the issue is resolved, the buyer will be able to close the case as resolved.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for that - can the buyer not mark the case as resolved if a return has already been accepted?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply